Windows 10: Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

Discus and support Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on some of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by McShadow, Dec 21, 2020.

1. McShadow Win User

Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

Hello there,

I just found out that the dead keys on some of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well.

I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way.

By typing + e I still get "e" instead of "".

The only difference I was able to find was the OS (which I am excluding - another one does not work as well) and some bloatware.

I also tried with "German (Germany)" keyboard and language settings.

Does someone know a way to enable / disable dead keys in keyboard settings or something like that? Could it be possible that some tasks can cause dead keys not to work?

Settings / Specs - Working:
    Active Languages: German (Suisse), German (Germany), French (Suisse)
    Windows Display Language: German (Suisse)
    Region: Suisse
    Format: Use Windows Display Language
    Keyboard: German (Suisse), German (Germany), French (Suisse)

Thanks in advance!

McSh4dow

:)

McShadow, Dec 21, 2020
  2. lqlaow Win User

US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys

I use a QWERTY keyboard, in the international variant, in order to have the accentuated letters of the european languages. One Problem of this layout is that:
    Xorg: Using the US International (altgr-intl variant) Keyboard Layout | Shinobus Secrets

So I decided to create a layout based on this international version, but without the two dead keys. It is very simple:
    -I installed Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 by microsoft
    Download Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    which gives this:

Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard) [​IMG]

-I remove the option of those 2 red keys to be dead keys and I create the layout by copying the european dead keys to the keys `, ~, ', ".
    One problem is that the key "/' has already a dead key by default, so I moved those to SHIFT+CTRL
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard) [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -
    This layout is called
    États-Unis International - AltGr touches mortes
    and is available here
    https://multiup.org/download/1152d04...dbd1/euiatm.7z
    Jheberg
    Download euiatm.7z - MirrorAce
    https://go4up.com/dl/8da4ead51b017b

On my computer, this keyboard did not work with the french language pack, until I installed the language pack for american english.

So I think that in order to use this layout without the american language pack, the layout must be exported for french keyboard. If case this is right, I upload such a variant here
    https://go4up.com/dl/bf2ac2e6c8363c
    Download euiatmfr.7z - MirrorAce
    Jheberg
    https://multiup.org/download/8bb8ddb...7d/euiatmfr.7z

lqlaow, Dec 21, 2020
  3. AltGr Key No Longer Works

I'm using a Dell G5 5587 Laptop with an Nvidia 1050 Ti graphics card. I have updated all of my drivers as of posting this.

My AltGr key stopped working a few months back, and at first it wasn't that big of a problem. Now that I have some time to play video games, they are all almost unplayable (I'm left-handed, so I rebind everything to arrow keys). I've never used RDP, so I
    know it's not the cause. When I open the OSK, it doesn't even register that I am pressing AltGr. I've tried looking up how to fix this, but all of the responses are for how to disable AltGr (I want to enable it). My two keyboard languages are English (US)
    and French (Canada), if that makes a difference.

ZacharyGagnon-Hartman, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

On-Screen Keyboard missing AltGr (Displays two Alt keys instead)

Hi there,

Your keyboard 'language' is set to US.

If you add another 'English' keyboard, say UK, then when you use this new US English UK keyboard, the AltGR key is back...

Now there are some other 'features' using an International English keyboard but it does get you the AltGr key back on the onscreen keyboard.

Kevin.

KevinODonovan, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

1. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard) - Similar Threads - Windows10 Dead Keys

2. AltGr doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AltGr doesn't work properly: I have an asus laptop and on latvian languageQWERTY pack I can't write some of the letters. For example AltGr + l L I assume it is happening because Alt+Ctrl+l combination is used somewhere else, but I can't find any way to edit existing keyboard shortcuts.So the question is:...
  3. AltGr doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AltGr doesn't work properly: I have an asus laptop and on latvian languageQWERTY pack I can't write some of the letters. For example AltGr + l L I assume it is happening because Alt+Ctrl+l combination is used somewhere else, but I can't find any way to edit existing keyboard shortcuts.So the question is:...
  4. Link to Windows : AltGr key with AZERTY keyboard not working with S22 Ultra

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows : AltGr key with AZERTY keyboard not working with S22 Ultra: I purchased a Samsung S22 Ultra on Tuesday. I set it up with Link to Windows on my Windows 10 desktop. My computer has a French AZERTY physical keyboard.I selected the French AZERTY keyboard in the Samsung keyboard.The character keys work properly, ie. A is properly A, not...
  5. Keyboard keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working properly: I have a Lenovo laptop, and a few weeks back I started getting issues with my keyboard right after I updated Windows 10. The q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p and Windows keys dont work properly. Sometimes when I press them they dont register and dont type at all and sometimes they type double...
  6. Keyboard keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working properly: I have a Lenovo laptop, and a few weeks back I started getting issues with my keyboard right after I updated Windows 10. The q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p and Windows keys dont work properly. Sometimes when I press them they dont register and dont type at all and sometimes they type double...
  7. Keyboard keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard): Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on one of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way. By typing ´ + e I still get "´e" instead of...
  9. AltGr only works with some keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AltGr only works with some keys: Hey guys, had this problem for quite some time now, but can't seem to find a solution for it on the web. Alt Gr works with letters, to make symbols such as €, but it does not work with the number row to make the at symbol or anything along those lines. I've tried a clean...
  10. US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys: I use a QWERTY keyboard, in the international variant, in order to have the accentuated letters of the european languages. One Problem of this layout is that: the tilde (~), backtick (`), single quote (‘) and other keys were dead keys. I.e., to type ‘~’ in this layout, you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows altgr dead key stop working