Windows 10: windows10 defender....indicates my laptop is protected. do I need to subrscribe to McAfee...

Discus and support windows10 defender....indicates my laptop is protected. do I need to subrscribe to McAfee... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 defender I have protection from all web, scam, internet. MacAfee still indicating I need their protection. Do I need to pay for additional... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LindaMcVey, Apr 22, 2021.

1. windows10 defender....indicates my laptop is protected. do I need to subrscribe to McAfee...

Windows 10 defender I have protection from all web, scam, internet. MacAfee still indicating I need their protection. Do I need to pay for additional protection?

:)

LindaMcVey, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Conflict between McAfee and Windows Defender

Did you ask McAfee support (McAfee) and/or in their forum (McAfee Support Community)?

Try to

In case Windows Defender is still not disabled after doing the above steps, either

disable Windows Defender manually (see the Answer-marked post of GreginMich in

this
    thread)

or

use a REG file (see Option 2 here: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 )

Jsssssssss, Apr 22, 2021
  4. stgreg Win User

windows10 defender....indicates my laptop is protected. do I need to subrscribe to McAfee...

Windows Defender and McAfee Live Safe.

Should Defender and McAfee be used together? McAfee suggests conflicts may occur. MS seems to say Defender can add protection along with other AV software.

stgreg, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

windows10 defender....indicates my laptop is protected. do I need to subrscribe to McAfee...

1. windows10 defender....indicates my laptop is protected. do I need to subrscribe to McAfee... - Similar Threads - windows10 defender indicates

2. Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?: I purchased McAfee Advanced in July 2023, then in October 2023 Windows Defender automatically installed on my computer. Since then I can't get updates to my payroll service in Quickbooks. Do I need both or can I turn Defender off since I'm paying for the McAfee Advanced. How...
  3. Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?: I purchased McAfee Advanced in July 2023, then in October 2023 Windows Defender automatically installed on my computer. Since then I can't get updates to my payroll service in Quickbooks. Do I need both or can I turn Defender off since I'm paying for the McAfee Advanced. How...
  4. How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection: How do I switch from McAfee antivirus protection to Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mcafee-to-window-defender-for/fc641720-c141-4dd5-8620-f52e994663cb
  5. McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection: I bought a new computer that comes with McAfee VirusScan and Firewall already installed. By this being installed, the Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall are turned off. The McAfee software is for 30 days trial. My questionIs Microsoft Window Defender software as good as...
  6. Do I need McAfee?

Do I need McAfee?: Hi,Did I need McAfee for extra protection?? [Original Title: McAfee] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-mcafee/f6b00cdb-fa26-4ec5-9c08-cca5fac6dfef
  7. Do I need McAfee?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need McAfee?: I recently got a Dell XPS 15. I saw there is virus protection included in windows 10. With that being said, the lady that helped me at the store convinced me to buy McAfee security. I’m not sure if that part of her spiel but I can still return it. Is this needed with windows...
  8. I HAVE MCAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION. DO I ALSO NEED THE WINZIP PROTECTION PROGRAM?

I HAVE MCAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION. DO I ALSO NEED THE WINZIP PROTECTION PROGRAM?: CAN YOU TELL ME IF I AM FULLY COVERED BY MY MCAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION PROGRAM, AND DO I ALSO NEED THE WINZIP PROTECTION PROGRAM. I CAN'T AFFORD BOTH. THANKS, DONNA MARIE...
  9. I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?

I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?: Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-do-i-need-mcafee/a79c61aa-faec-43be-a2dd-55bf443df762
  10. Do I need any other protection other than Windows Defender,such as McAFee or Norton?

Do I need any other protection other than Windows Defender,such as McAFee or Norton?: Do I need any other protection other than Windows Defender,such as McAFee or Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/security/64bc530f-a1e5-42e3-808e-c8dbe389ccb7