Windows 10: Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart

Discus and support Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using dell tower pc with Windows 10 operating system. I have attached 1tb additional internal hard disk labled D:. Sometimes drive is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SivaKumar Reddy1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart

I am using dell tower pc with Windows 10 operating system. I have attached 1tb additional internal hard disk labled D:. Sometimes drive is not accessible and than invisible but i am able to restore by just restarting it. It happened multiple times. IT team is saying that they are unable to find any logs.it is just going invisible and inaccessible and getting restored after restart.Kindly help me in identifying root cause.

- D drive separate 1tb hard drive attached inside.

- C is the drive comes with pc and os instslled here

1.Can i get any information about this issue in any log. If yes, where can i get them?

Where the system logs will storec drive where os installed or d drivr?

2. What would be the possible root cause.

3. Can you share the debug steps

Thanks in advance.

Siva

:)

SivaKumar Reddy1, Feb 26, 2020

2. Internal Hard Drive Appearing and Disappearing

Hello,

I have recently faced a problem with my windows 8 version where my internal hard drive is disappearing and only appears when I shut down or restart the computer. When it disappears it is not even shown in the device manager and disk management options where
    only my local disk C is being shown. This problem arises when I open my internal hard drive to access some files, in the mean while the file opens the disk appears and there is no clue of where it goes.

Kindly look over and get back soon since this issue is not allowing me to operate my data on the disk drive.

NehalPervez, Feb 26, 2020
  3. little cat, Feb 26, 2020
  4. lanevo13 Win User

Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart

Hard Drive Disappear From File Explorer

• Is the disk here, an internal or external hard drive ?
    • Answer: internal hard disk
    • Does the issue occur when you are performing a particular task?
    • Answer: the issue is occur when windows has start up. I have to restart my PC for number of times to get my F drive appear.
    I have try method 1. so far, no issue

lanevo13, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart

1. Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart - Similar Threads - Windows10 Disappearing internal

2. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both internal hard drives have disappeared!: I have two internal hard drives in my PC, E and F in addition to the C drive - SSD, where I store and backup all my data.Yesterday, I was deleting some I thought unnecessary files from my oem folder, in preparation for a Windows 10 reinstall.Today, when I open the PC, both E...
  3. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both internal hard drives have disappeared!: I have two internal hard drives in my PC, E and F in addition to the C drive - SSD, where I store and backup all my data.Yesterday, I was deleting some I thought unnecessary files from my oem folder, in preparation for a Windows 10 reinstall.Today, when I open the PC, both E...
  4. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Two Internal Hard Drives Disappear From System after Sleep Mode - Requires Restart to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Internal Hard Drives Disappear From System after Sleep Mode - Requires Restart to...: Hello,I have an issue with two internal hard drives of mine D: & M: that will disappear from my Windows 11 Pro system completely if it ever goes into sleep mode.It is a fairly fresh install of the OS having done a reset of the system a couple weeks ago ~Sep 3rd.Once the...
  6. Two Internal Hard Drives Disappear From System after Sleep Mode - Requires Restart to...

Two Internal Hard Drives Disappear From System after Sleep Mode - Requires Restart to...: Hello,I have an issue with two internal hard drives of mine D: & M: that will disappear from my Windows 11 Pro system completely if it ever goes into sleep mode.It is a fairly fresh install of the OS having done a reset of the system a couple weeks ago ~Sep 3rd.Once the...
  7. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  8. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  9. Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive)

Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive): Hi, I have previously reported this issue & thought it was solved: - Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK However it continues! Anyone got any suggestions 179987
  10. Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart: Hello, I have a problem with my HDD hard drive inside PC. I bought it 8 months ago and everything worked fine but since 3 weeks i have a problem while playing games or using PC it crashes and when i go to "This PC" local disc HDD is missing and the only way to make it appear...