Windows 10: Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue

Discus and support Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Team Greetings from Hilton Luxor environment!!! Can you please help me for the below error message as I am trying to configure Windows10 PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuhammadGamal, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue

Dear Team

Greetings from Hilton Luxor environment!!!

Can you please help me for the below error message as I am trying to configure Windows10 PC to a mirror disk.

The selected GPT formatted disk contains a partition which is not of type PARTITION_BASIC_DATA_GUID and is both preceded and followed by a partition type PARTITION_BASIC_DATA_GUID

:)

MuhammadGamal, Nov 27, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

My Drive Turned Into Dynamic Disk ! Please Help me !!! Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue :(

If you right click the Pen Drive do you get either of the options, 'Break Mirrored Volume' or 'Remove Mirror'?

To break a mirrored set, follow these steps:

• In Disk Management, right-click one of the drives in the mirrored set, and then choose Break Mirrored Volume.
    • Confirm that you want to break the mirrored set by clicking Yes.
    • If the volume is currently in use, you'll see another warning dialog box. Confirm that it's okay to continue by clicking Yes.

To remove a mirror, follow these steps:

• In Disk Management, right-click one of the volumes in the mirrored set, and then choose Remove Mirror
    • In the Remove Mirror dialog, select the disk from which to remove the mirror.
    • If the mirror contains a boot or system volume, you should remove the mirror from the secondary drive rather than the primary. For example, if Drive 0 and Drive 1 are mirrored, remove Drive 1 rather than Drive 0
    • Confirm the action when prompted. All data on the removed mirror is deleted.

DaveM121, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Mirroring function

Just to make sure that this issue doesn't only occur on your particular PC, have you tried mirroring a different PC to the same TV? Did the same issue occur?

Have you also tried mirroring on the same PC before? Did it work successfully? If yes, what were the recent changes made before mirroring failed to work?

To make sure that you got the right steps in projecting a wireless display with Miracast, you may check these steps:

• Turn ON the Miracast option if your TV comes with built-in Miracast support.
    • Press the Windows + I keys to go to
      Settings
    • Click Devices, then Connected Devices.
    • Click on "Add a Device" and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Her, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Engztrom Win User

Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue

Disk mirroring resynk issues...

I have a brand new computer running Windows 10 Pro, with 2 * 4TB HDD's setup as dynamic disk mirrors (only for data, not boot).

About a week ago I accidently turned off power to my computer, and I think that is when the mirrored disks started to resynchronizing.

But I didn't discover this until 2 days ago, and after that I have let the computer run continously in hope it would get ready,

but it still only says "resynching...", without a progress bar!

(There was a "3%" indication for a while yesterday, but then it went back to just "resynching..." again).

How long can I expect this to take?

How do I get the progress bar back?

It seems to be copying data from one of the mirrored disks to the other at a rate of about 8 MB/s,

and since the disks are filled to about 1 TB, shouldn't it be ready by now?

(1000 000 000 000 / 8000 000 = 125 000 s ~= 1.5 days).

I can still access data on the disks, nothing seems to be lost or corrupted as far as I can tell, and the data

should be ok, because I have write cache disabled on all drives, and didn't save anything when the power was lost.

As I understand a resync will start over if the computer is restarted, but what happens if something

is written to the disks during a resync, will that also start it over?

(If so, then it will never be ready!)

I don't like this, so I will go back to 2 separate disks and handle mirroring with manual backups instead,

but can I break the mirror while a resynk is going on, without losing or corrupting any data?

Engztrom, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue

1. Windows10 Disk Mirroring Issue - Similar Threads - Windows10 Disk Mirroring

2. Cannot create mirrored disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create mirrored disks: I need to mirror two 2TB drives, including the C: drive with Windows. Neither Disk Management nor Storage Places provide any solutions. In Disk Management, right clicking Disk 1 shows most options grayed out, including New Spanned Volume..., New Striped Volume... and no...
  3. Cannot create mirrored disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create mirrored disks: I need to mirror two 2TB drives, including the C: drive with Windows. Neither Disk Management nor Storage Places provide any solutions. In Disk Management, right clicking Disk 1 shows most options grayed out, including New Spanned Volume..., New Striped Volume... and no...
  4. Disk Mirror - Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Mirror - Backup: I have a question I want to mirror the primary C: drive using another internal SSD using the disk management tool. I want to have an exact mirror Is this recommended or should I image or clone the drive using an external HDD. Second question is the mirror two way or one way?...
  5. random disk mirror fail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random disk mirror fail?: hi, ive had two hdds mirrored for about a year. yesterday i was doing something and randomly right clicked on the start button. ive use win10 since it was released and i just realized that gives you options to open all kinds somewhat hidden menus like the disk management...
  6. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?: Situation: Windows 10 1803 computer. OS drive is fine. Have two other very large disks ("3" and "4"), mirrored from within Windows. "4" has problem, taking it offline and losing its data (now shows up as "Missing"). Currently we're able to read data from disk #3. Disk...
  7. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  8. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  9. Miracast Mirroring Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast Mirroring Issues: Hello, I'm having problems with miracast mirroring on Windows 10 1511 When I updated to Windows 10 the miracast worked fine for a time, but with no other reason the screen mirroring stopped to work. Every time I try to connect to my TV the computer screen start to flickering...
  10. Mirroring laptop screen on TV through windows10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mirroring laptop screen on TV through windows10: Hi, I have recently switched from windows 7 to windows 10. I am not able to connect my laptop (inspiron e1505) to my old TV (sony) with windows 10. Previously with windows 7, I was able to mirror same laptop screen on same TV (svideo cable). What do I need to do if I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resynching mirror windows 10

2. windows 10 mirror resynching progress

3. windows 10 disk mirroring shows warning sign

4. windows 10 mirror error the selected GPT formatted disk contains a partition which is not,
  5. dynamic disc resynching percent display windows 10