Windows 10: windows10 error factory reset

Discus and support windows10 error factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to factory reset my device Asus vivobook and Its successfully done so. And it says to connect to internet to receive update needed to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LyyDtt, Sep 11, 2020.

1. LyyDtt Win User

windows10 error factory reset

Hi, I tried to factory reset my device Asus vivobook and Its successfully done so. And it says to connect to internet to receive update needed to fix error. But I connected to internet. And now it goes in a loop making me input where I'm from and etc. Then going to error screen again, telling me to click next. Then I click next. And I reenter my data again. Then error. Then the cycle repeats

windows10 error factory reset [​IMG]

:)

LyyDtt, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me windows10 error factory reset :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too windows10 error factory reset :)

-

Tankachoo, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Factory reset "Error" message

Hi Jaxyn,

It seems that the issue that you initially encountered also interferes with the factory reset. In order for us to provide the appropriate solution, we'd like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Aside from failing at 30%-32%, are you also getting an error message or code?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 11, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. windows10 error factory reset - Similar Threads - windows10 error factory

2. Error with factory resetting PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error with factory resetting PC: I believe I have broke something with my PC and want to factory reset it but it will not allow me to. I have a script error when I turn on my PC and think that's probably it but I don't know how to fix it. Ive already went online and other people that have had my problem had...
  3. Error with factory resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with factory resetting PC: I believe I have broke something with my PC and want to factory reset it but it will not allow me to. I have a script error when I turn on my PC and think that's probably it but I don't know how to fix it. Ive already went online and other people that have had my problem had...
  4. Factory reset error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset error: So i was factory resetting my brothers computer. Started the reset and came back a few hours later to find this error. What do i do? Every time i press ok it just pops up again......
  5. Factory reset error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset error: So i was factory resetting my brothers computer. Started the reset and came back a few hours later to find this error. What do i do? Every time i press ok it just pops up again......
  6. factory reset error

factory reset error: I've been having problems resetting my computer every time I try to reset it it fails. Ive tried every option in for resetting my pc and it still doesn't work. I have also tried the SFC scan fix but the scan failed every time I tried. I'm unsure what other option I have to...
  7. [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Windows10 Factory Reset Issue (Bootloop): There was a problem resetting the computer. Now it doesn't start anymore. It was a bootloop. There is no second computer. What are your recommendations to solve this problem? submitted by /u/Ucansin77 [link] [comments]...
  8. Will not factory reset- Surface Pro 6 Windows10

Will not factory reset- Surface Pro 6 Windows10: I have attempted to reset my computer both saving files and well as factory reset, neither completed. Error read that it was unable to complete and that nothing had changed. I did try the suggested command prompt way and it stated failed. Please help!...
  9. FACTORY RESET ERRORS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FACTORY RESET ERRORS: I cannot restore my surface 3 to factory settings. I have completed through every article possible and it cannot complete. When I go through advanced startup and erase the disk it says 'unknown error occurred, no changes were made'. When I try to do a clean installation...
  10. Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX: How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8. This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC. This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10. Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it...