Windows 10: Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps

Discus and support Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Steps to reproduce the problem: Windows 10 version 1903 1) Create a local administrator account I am using this local Administrator account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vvsvin, Oct 19, 2019.

1. vvsvin Win User

Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Windows 10 version 1903

1) Create a local administrator account

I am using this local Administrator account since last 4 years (Started with Windows 8, upgraded to Windows 8.1, Upgraded to Windows 10)

2) Created a family account with partner and kids

3) Setup individual family accounts on the laptop

4) Last week, when my kid need an app and used kids account on the local administrator account, Windows 10 linked the kids account to the Local Administrator account. (I assume the developer who develops the code hasn't thought of all scenarios) or (Microsoft want to trouble users so that they get paid for support)

5) When i open Firefox or other apps, it shows a message that ask a parent for permission, inspite of i am the parent and using local account.

Steps followed to fix the problem:

I tried to rename the C:\windows\system32\AppLocker folder and restarted the system

Ran into new problems where in there are no users in the login screen

Went to safe mode command prompt, renamed the folder back to the original name and restarted.

(3 hrs to figure out this as safe mode wasn't working from the power+shift+restart as specified in Microsoft support website)

Tried to signoff all stored credentials from credential manager

Windows keep on asking for the kids account to login

There is no option to remove the kid account.

I have another option

1) To create another local Administrator account and move the settings/config one by one to that account and delete this account.

This takes at least 3-4 days for my stored settings and config.

Also, the problem might come again.

Want to identify the cause and fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated and help me to save my precious time.

Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps 13748888-925b-48b9-9fcf-95568b096521?upload=true.png

Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps 64598b66-ca2d-4271-b55c-e32a1710041f?upload=true.png

:)

vvsvin, Oct 19, 2019

2. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Have you tried manually removing YouTube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which YouTube might not be included. So, to have YouTube exempted
    on the list, please follow the steps below.

• On any computer, sign in to the
      Family Safety
      home page with your Windows Live ID.
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if YouTube is now accessible or not.

Refer the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps

1. Windows10 Family safety is blocking my laptop local admin login apps - Similar Threads - Windows10 Family safety

2. family safety can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family safety can't login: I have tried to log into my family safety account to erase my child from it so that she doesn’t need my permission to log into her computer, but every time I try to login the website just refreshes and refreshes, and nothing opens up I want to takeoff family safety for her...
  3. family safety can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family safety can't login: I have tried to log into my family safety account to erase my child from it so that she doesn’t need my permission to log into her computer, but every time I try to login the website just refreshes and refreshes, and nothing opens up I want to takeoff family safety for her...
  4. Family Safety - Block Pub.dev Website??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Block Pub.dev Website??: Okay, this is my fourth post asking about Family Safety.Why does it block the website below?I used to visit it very often and now they block it???Please, guys.That website is for dart and flutter programmer. Can you guys do your work well for once?...
  5. Family safety blocking roblox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety blocking roblox.: i opened roblox not from microsoft store, the one from roblox.com and when updating roblox bar was full there was an error messange "An error occured while starting roblox. details: unable to open file for writing: C:\Users\Antoś\Appdata\local\roblox\downloads\.part. The...
  6. Can't login with Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login with Family Safety: Hi, I've setup family safety in my son's pc with strong restrictions on timing usage. For some times it worked: he asked me time to connect and I gave him time through the app. Last week it stopped working, giving an error message "Not connected to Internet" The internet...
  7. Family Safety website blocking

Family Safety website blocking: Hi, The web browsing blocking for individual websites is not working in the family safety application. I believe it may be because the app is adding the scheme informationhttps twice. You can see this by adding a site and clicking or mousing over the link it adds. Below is a...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites: Hi, When I enter in websites to block on my son's profile, these sites are not being blocked, per the browser history. What am I doing wrong? Here is a screenshot of the web browsing portion of the Microsoft Family Safety settings. [ATTACH]...
  9. Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work

Family Safety App Blocking doesn't work: I have repeatedly "Blocked" Roblox on my son's account, but it consistently becomes unblocked. I'm certain my son does not know my password. I've tried blocking it from both his computer as well as mine, but nothing seems to work. The feature simply doesn't work. Is there...
  10. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...: I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task is disabled. I...