Windows 10: Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Discus and support Windows10 fax and Scan folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Clean re-install of W10. Stuff restored from backup. In W Fax and scan, while the appdata folder has loads of sent faxes in it I cannot find a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikephillips, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Clean re-install of W10. Stuff restored from backup. In W Fax and scan, while the appdata folder has loads of sent faxes in it I cannot find a way to display them in the programme nor can I find where my fax contacts would be stored.. I have reset owner/permissions etc (I think!).

:)

mikephillips, Sep 13, 2017

2. Unable to find Windows Fax and Scanner app after upgrding to Windows 10.

Original Title": Windows10 does not contain 'Windows Fax and Scanning'. Why?

As I updated my computer's Windows7 --> Windows10 I can't find Fax and Scanning on the application menu. Why is that? I need every day that program application. -

JohnSmith_741, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Windows Fax and Scan

I cannot send a fax anymore. I get the error message Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can access that folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Fax and Scan numerous
    times. Documents folder is shared.

Paige Henderson Ruiz, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Hi mikephillips

Please open your backup and go to users/namexxx/contacts

Are your old contacts displayed?

When you open Fx click on tools, fax settings, Advance tab. First line should be where the app is looking for sent and received.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Ken - thanks - 50% there! Found the contacts and restored them to the current contacts folder and that is fixed. However, the 'Sent' location shows correctly, and in that location/ are all the sent faxes, but they do not appear in Fax and Scan/Sent. Is this one of those quirky Windows 'link' issues?

mikephillips, Sep 15, 2017
  6. Not sure. Check on your backup where they are.

You will notice there is "Move Folder" so you can force folder. I would backup contents of target before trying any kind of move.

Myself I would start fresh, no moves. Send one and receive one and see if they both appear correctly. If so create a little readme file as to where your old "Archve" is located so you can find them in six months if you need one.

Here in North America HP set up a fax tester number 1-888-473-2963. Hopefully they have something similar across the pond. You send a fax and they respond with a fax to the same number.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 15, 2017
  7. Curiouser and curiouser!

Sent a fax. It appears in the 'Sent' faxes. It also appears in the same Progdata folder as all the other sent faxes which do NOT display in 'Sent' faxes. I have checked all the permissions/owner and they are identical. Rebooted also.

Stumped.

8. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

Unstumped! Thanks for the push Ken, into sending a new fax. The light eventually dawned on me that the file names of the sent faxes differed over several groups of characters to those of the 'new' sent fax. After a laborious cut and paste operation on all sent faxes I now have a complete record.

Out of interest, I also found this useful 'help' from M$ for missing 'sent' faxes.

• Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features.
    • On the left side select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • Scroll down to Print and Document services.
    • Select the plus sign to expand.
    • Remove the check from Windows FAX and Scan.
    • Select OK.
    To install repeat the steps and put a check mark, restart the computer.

Huzzah!

9. Perfect.

Thanks for posting complete solution. Please mark your thread solved so other will find.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 fax and Scan folders

1. Windows10 fax and Scan folders - Similar Threads - Windows10 fax Scan

2. Windows Fax and scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and scan: I am running windows 10 Pro. Windows Fax and Scan does not appear under Turn Windows Features On or OFF, Print and Document Services. I get a fatal error when I try to Fax. How do I get it to appear?...
  3. fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax & scan: I had windows fax & scan in windows 7. I put in windows 10 and now I can't find win fax & scan to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-scan/7732b52b-ca6d-4105-ab97-d7bcdac25ffc
  4. Fax/Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fax/Scan: When I scan documents using the double sided feeder in Windows Fax/Scan, it saves my documents as separate files and I am unable to un-check the box that stops this occurring. How can I fix this?...
  5. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  6. fax & scan

fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  7. windows scan and fax

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows scan and fax: Windows scan and fax permission by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-scan-and-fax/f3bdae21-3dc3-4a7f-8f2d-7b56d78637a2"
  8. Windows fax and scan

Windows fax and scan: Why can we not scan to PDF. using the Windows fax and scan software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan/8c8c6b51-14b6-45d4-a267-43d3c9b1998a
  9. Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan - Change Save Folder?: I want Windows Fax & Scan to save scans to a folder of my choosing. Can this be done since I don't see an option from the program menu? 80194
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...