Windows 10: Windows10 file directory with .MOD file type

Discus and support Windows10 file directory with .MOD file type in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a directory with around 200 .mod files which I have associated with WinRAR to open. They are compressed files witch contain configurations in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Movah, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/Movah Win User

Windows10 file directory with .MOD file type

I have a directory with around 200 .mod files which I have associated with WinRAR to open. They are compressed files witch contain configurations in .xml. I'm having a problem where the refresh of the folder takes forever, just because they are .mod files. Is there anything I can do to speed up the directory display?

I have other directories that contain well over 200 files and they display quickly as expected, however it's just the folder with .mod files in it that's acting so slow.

submitted by /u/Movah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Movah, Feb 13, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Feb 13, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows10 file directory with .MOD file type - Similar Threads - Windows10 file directory

2. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  3. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  4. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Converting MOD Files to MP34

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting MOD Files to MP34: I have video files saved to my PC, for some reason some videos are MOD format whilst others are MP4. I cannot play the MOD video files. Any idea what I need to do so I am able to play these?...
  6. Converting MOD Files to MP34

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting MOD Files to MP34: I have video files saved to my PC, for some reason some videos are MOD format whilst others are MP4. I cannot play the MOD video files. Any idea what I need to do so I am able to play these?...
  7. File Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  8. File Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  9. File directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File directory: Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful. submitted by /u/Mystreanon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nfm3lv/file_directory/
  10. Batch file to search directory for file type and copy to new location

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file to search directory for file type and copy to new location: Hi all, Not sure if posting in correct area, I would like to have a batch file that can search a directory or drive for file type and copy that file into a new directory renaming the file to reflect what users folder it came out of. To be a little more specific, I have...