Windows 10: Windows10 firewall. No manual decisions?

Discus and support Windows10 firewall. No manual decisions? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever new app tries to access internet, my windows firewall seem to automatically deny or restrict internet for it without asking me for it. On... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kulsius, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Kulsius Win User

Windows10 firewall. No manual decisions?

Whenever new app tries to access internet, my windows firewall seem to automatically deny or restrict internet for it without asking me for it.
    On different device same app in question iperf3 for example, ran as listening server when ran for first time triggers firewall but user gets an option to deny or allow internet connection for it.
    Firewall and firewall notification settings seem to be the same on both devices. iperf3 is not in list of blocked applications in affected device.

:)

Kulsius, Aug 10, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Windows10 firewall. No manual decisions?

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 firewall. No manual decisions?

1. Windows10 firewall. No manual decisions? - Similar Threads - Windows10 firewall manual

2. I made a dumb decision

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I made a dumb decision: I did something to the Microsoft store and it stop working when I check in the apps setting I can't see the store itself. but the logo is still there and every time I click in it sends me to the website not the app of course. I try to reinstall but doesn't work....
  3. I made a dumb decision

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a dumb decision: I did something to the Microsoft store and it stop working when I check in the apps setting I can't see the store itself. but the logo is still there and every time I click in it sends me to the website not the app of course. I try to reinstall but doesn't work....
  4. I made a dumb decision

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Have to turn on Windows Firewall manually - since update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have to turn on Windows Firewall manually - since update.: Since updating to windows latest version 20H2 from 1909 Pro. I have to from a notification pop-up to turn on Windows Firewall etc. I have turned off malwarebytes being signed to Windows Security. Prior to the update, no matter whether Malwarebytes was signed in or not to...
  6. Have to turn on Windows Firewall manually - since update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to turn on Windows Firewall manually - since update.: Since updating to windows latest version 20H2 from 1909 Pro. I have to from a notification pop-up to turn on Windows Firewall etc. I have turned off malwarebytes being signed to Windows Security. Prior to the update, no matter whether Malwarebytes was signed in or not to...
  7. Bad Junk Folder Decisions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Junk Folder Decisions: Why is important mail like from Colorado DMV Online Services seen as "JUNK"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-junk-folder-decisions/80946c4e-c52c-4973-a682-e5e9c1bfd650
  8. PCI Decise and SM Bus Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Decise and SM Bus Controller: I have an Asus TUF Z390 PLus Gaming mother board and Nvidia GeForce 210 display card and I get the following PCI Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A324&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&FD The drivers for this device are not installed. Device...
  9. Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?: The major WIn10 updates - 'creator' update, 'fall update', 'spring update' - those ones. Is there an option to manually decide to postpone them, or skip til next one? Thanks....
  10. A few questions for decision to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few questions for decision to upgrade: Currently, Win7 Pro on new laptop- I purchased a refurbished Lenovo T530 (replacing a limping 6-7 year old T61), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM built 2012, Nvidia card, 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) NO TOUCH, Intel Core i5 3320M (2.60GHz). The machine config I wanted is not being produced yet...