Windows 10: Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video

Discus and support Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I have an HP laptop running Windows10 pro 64bit, I cant watch videos, I tried searching online and most solutions required watching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ian McClymont, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video

Hi All,

I have an HP laptop running Windows10 pro 64bit, I cant watch videos, I tried searching online and most solutions required watching a video so that was no good, one answer told me to change my visual c drivers I did that but it made no difference, I had no trouble with it before and usually I don't watch videos but I was told a you tube video was worth watching by a friend, I have never used that site before so when I tried to watch the video my laptop froze completely, I have reimage repair on my laptop and I scanned and repaired the laptop twice but that did not fix the problem, Anyone got any Ideas how to fix this problem, I get this runtime error message when I start any video.

:)

Ian McClymont, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 6, 2018
  3. PaulaNees Win User
    Video on Facebook Watch

I have noticed the problem is not just on Facebook watch, its with other videos on Facebook also.

I did the trouble shooter as you instructed, and Facebook is not listed as a "windows store" app. Not sure what the next step would be.

Paula Nees

PaulaNees, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video

Windows freezes when watching online videos

Hi Benny,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Do you face this issue while playing downloaded videos?
    I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow next Methods.

Method 1: Run the Video playback troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
          Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run Video playback.

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
    Method 2: Uninstall Adobe flash player and reinstall latest version.

Refer the link below to uninstall Adobe flash player.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Update the latest version Adobe flash player from this link.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Do let us know the performance of your computer. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video

1. Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video - Similar Threads - Windows10 Freezes watch

2. i get the message showing when Iam watching a video and it freezes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get the message showing when Iam watching a video and it freezes a...: what to do when the message comes up saying media-err-network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-the-message-showing-when-iam-watching-a/9dfcacb5-0660-426c-b65c-9e732ac8cd95
  3. i get the message showing when Iam watching a video and it freezes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get the message showing when Iam watching a video and it freezes a...: what to do when the message comes up saying media-err-network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-the-message-showing-when-iam-watching-a/9dfcacb5-0660-426c-b65c-9e732ac8cd95
  4. i get the message showing when Iam watching a video and it freezes a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that their Windows computer freezes or crashes when watching videos. It does not matter whether they watch videos online in their web browsers or offline in media player software, their computer either freezes or crashes. If you are facing the...
  6. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  7. Graphical glitches when watching any type of video

Graphical glitches when watching any type of video: Hello there,I have a problem when watching any videos, if its is from youtube or a video from my drive, I have graphical glitches and very strange ones in fact,Sometimes when these occurs, the affects are:1. A black vertical rectangle streches from top to bottom on the right...
  8. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  9. Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos: I started to use a mechanical keyboard but I encountered a problem, whenever I play a video regardless of browser the keyboard freezes, so any key that is held down will be held and no other key is registered. When there no input before the start of the video, no key presses...
  10. Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS: Hello Everyone, Since I updated/upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) my computer freezes very often when watching videos. At first I thought it was a bad installation (garbage left out from my Windows 7 since I had not formatted my computer in a long time)....