Windows 10: Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen

Discus and support Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having problems with wifi and down loaded the setup file from the router manufacture site. When I tried to run the file the PC restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimex, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Jimex Win User

Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen

I was having problems with wifi and down loaded the setup file from the router manufacture site. When I tried to run the file the PC restarted and froze at select keyboard screen. Keyboard and mouse are both inoperative. Hard shutdown and restart produces the same result. So I guess something in the file has corrupted the startup.
    What do I need to do to recover from this problem?

:)

Jimex, Dec 13, 2016

2. Errors and unable to do anything

I've tried the startup repair, but then it goes to a "choose your keyboard layout" screen and it freezes on that.

jamiecarlin1, Dec 13, 2016
  3. Select keyboard screen --- can't get past it or re-install the disc that I have for Win 10

I don't get to the "Advanced Options" --- it freezes at the Select Keyboard screen.

CarolMenard, Dec 13, 2016
  4. Jimex Win User

Ok, I tried again today and the splash screen displayed options. I could not access any of them and now all I have is a black screen with cursor blinking in top left corner.

Jimex, Dec 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen - Similar Threads - Windows10 freezing startup

2. Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen: Hello, ever since my win 10 pro 64 bit machine was updated to version 1809 last year I can no longer select options from the Startup Settings screen...no safe mode, disable driver enforcement etc. I have a Dell wireless multimedia keyboard & mouse combo (TH-0U0097) that I...
  3. Windows10 freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 freeze: First of all, sorry for my bad english. Since some months, am getting a problem with windows10... every time i use my laptop, it freeze the program or folder, whatever am on (it doesn't become white like regular crash or freeze) it become unclickable, but the monent i click...
  4. On screen keyboard appears on startup.

On screen keyboard appears on startup.: BACKGROUND: I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine. Both run Win10 pro. The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the first one's WIFI system failed. At some point when setting up the original SP6, I must have clicked something which allowed...
  5. Windows10 Slow Startup

Windows10 Slow Startup: I had the slow start problem on my Windows 10 PC. Solution: In the power options, set the shut down times to 3 mins. Don't switch off the PC. Leave it on all the time. When you return to the PC Just press the space bar to restart.---3 seconds! The power used during the...
  6. Select Keyboard Type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Select Keyboard Type: Hi, I currently upgraded to windows 10 after that my windows explorer start scrolling automatically it had done this before and I thought it was a virus so I formatted my system and lost alot of data, now after an automatic upgrade for windows days back I turn on my system to...
  7. On Screen Keyboard on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    On Screen Keyboard on startup: is there a way to disable the on screen keyboard on startup? I don't need it on my desktops or my Surface pro any help would be awesome. Ta peeps 17365
  8. Stuck in Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in Selective Startup: (Moved from EightForums, where I posted in error.) I was instructed to use Selective Startup to get Quicken installed (didn't work), and now I can't get out! This is a laptop that has been stuck with the Microsoft account login (cannot fix it as other options are grayed...
  9. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138
  10. startup selective not normal.

in Windows 10 Support
    startup selective not normal.: My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150