Windows 10: Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen

Discus and support Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having problems with wifi and down loaded the setup file from the router manufacture site. When I tried to run the file the PC restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimex, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Jimex Win User

Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen

I was having problems with wifi and down loaded the setup file from the router manufacture site. When I tried to run the file the PC restarted and froze at select keyboard screen. Keyboard and mouse are both inoperative. Hard shutdown and restart produces the same result. So I guess something in the file has corrupted the startup.
    What do I need to do to recover from this problem?

:)

Jimex, Dec 13, 2016

2. Errors and unable to do anything

I've tried the startup repair, but then it goes to a "choose your keyboard layout" screen and it freezes on that.

jamiecarlin1, Dec 13, 2016
  3. Select keyboard screen --- can't get past it or re-install the disc that I have for Win 10

I don't get to the "Advanced Options" --- it freezes at the Select Keyboard screen.

CarolMenard, Dec 13, 2016
  4. Jimex Win User

Ok, I tried again today and the splash screen displayed options. I could not access any of them and now all I have is a black screen with cursor blinking in top left corner.

Jimex, Dec 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen - Similar Threads - Windows10 freezing startup

2. freezes Windows on desktop screen not in startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    freezes Windows on desktop screen not in startup screen: I just assembled a new gaming pc, then after playing the game for a few hours I got stuck/freezes on the windows home screen or desktop, there was a loss of interaction from the cursor, ctrl+alt+del, the rgb keyboard couldn't move at all, there was no interaction. then i...
  3. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  4. windows10 keeps blue screening on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows10 keeps blue screening on startup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iLikeYaCutG-_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mkgcfc/windows10_keeps_blue_screening_on_startup/
  5. Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond: I can move mouse and keyboard in other settings like if I plug in a bootable USB. But when I am at the screen to enter the password it isn't responding. I tried to get my laptop into safe mode, same issue submitted by /u/a-lolololololololol [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows10 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 freezes: Hi, Recently I have up-to-dated windows to 2004 version. My PC used to run flawlessly before I updated, but now it sucks. There has to be a bug in the software which I could not figure out. Most probably the problem does not raise from hardware as the software before 2004...
  7. Windows10 freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 freeze: First of all, sorry for my bad english. Since some months, am getting a problem with windows10... every time i use my laptop, it freeze the program or folder, whatever am on (it doesn't become white like regular crash or freeze) it become unclickable, but the monent i click...
  8. On screen keyboard appears on startup.

On screen keyboard appears on startup.: BACKGROUND: I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine. Both run Win10 pro. The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the first one's WIFI system failed. At some point when setting up the original SP6, I must have clicked something which allowed...
  9. Windows10 Slow Startup

Windows10 Slow Startup: I had the slow start problem on my Windows 10 PC. Solution: In the power options, set the shut down times to 3 mins. Don't switch off the PC. Leave it on all the time. When you return to the PC Just press the space bar to restart.---3 seconds! The power used during the...
  10. On Screen Keyboard on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    On Screen Keyboard on startup: is there a way to disable the on screen keyboard on startup? I don't need it on my desktops or my Surface pro any help would be awesome. Ta peeps 17365