Windows 10: windows10: How to recover photos app

Discus and support windows10: How to recover photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After about a month of a new installation of windows 10 in an HP laptop with SSDlatest patches updated. the photos app suddenly stopped working. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PN_US, Jul 23, 2020.

1. PN_US Win User

windows10: How to recover photos app

After about a month of a new installation of windows 10 in an HP laptop with SSDlatest patches updated. the photos app suddenly stopped working. I am unable to open it. If I double click a picture, it gives that error message about "Cannot find ...." And the same picture can be opened fine with other viewers.

I tried -- 1. repair, reset of photos app -- didnt help. 2. In powershell, removed the photos package and reinstalled it again -- didnt help. 3. Using windows 10 ISO, I updated the windows again hoping that any corrupted OS files would get restored - that also did not help. I am still getting the same error message. 4. Tried to access photos in another user -- I get the same error for other user too.

Any other suggestions on what else I can try ?

:)

PN_US, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jul 31, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

windows10: How to recover photos app [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jul 31, 2020
  4. windows10: How to recover photos app

How to turn off Windows 10 Photo App?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the photo gallery as default app and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below.

• Go to settings select System.

• Click on default app and select defaults by app.

• Now select Photo gallery as default app.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

windows10: How to recover photos app

1. windows10: How to recover photos app - Similar Threads - windows10 recover photos

2. recover windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover windows10: i would like to uninstall windows 11 and go back to windows10, the way i bought computer withwindows 10 installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-windows10/5c25ebfc-41cc-4412-a414-4338e9fdf1e9
  3. recover windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover windows10: i would like to uninstall windows 11 and go back to windows10, the way i bought computer withwindows 10 installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-windows10/5c25ebfc-41cc-4412-a414-4338e9fdf1e9
  4. How to Recover Deleted Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Recover Deleted Photos: I had my Galaxy s9 plugged into my computer to charge. I was highlighting folders and deleting them from my PC. I accidentally deleted the folder with all the photos from my phone. How do I retrieve them from my deleted folders on my PC and save back to my phone?...
  5. How to Recover Deleted Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Recover Deleted Photos: I had my Galaxy s9 plugged into my computer to charge. I was highlighting folders and deleting them from my PC. I accidentally deleted the folder with all the photos from my phone. How do I retrieve them from my deleted folders on my PC and save back to my phone?...
  6. How to Recover Deleted Photos

7. MS photo app windows10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS photo app windows10: cant install, error Código: 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-photo-app-windows10/a3946cfb-a339-40df-8dbd-13f44700e533
  8. MS photo app windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS photo app windows10: cant install, error Código: 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-photo-app-windows10/a3946cfb-a339-40df-8dbd-13f44700e533
  9. MS photo app windows10

10. Windows10 Photo app

Windows10 Photo app: I've just purchased a new PC with Windows10 & the Photo app installed. Previously, I used Windows7 & Live Gallery to edit photos. After downloading photos from a camera SD card, I edit and/or delete them. When I click the bin in the app, I get a warning message about deleting...