Windows 10: Windows10, How to switch the local account to online account

Discus and support Windows10, How to switch the local account to online account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As i using windows10 with local account and now i need to switch to use online account instead, how can i do to switch to login with online account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seksit Yodpetch, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Windows10, How to switch the local account to online account

As i using windows10 with local account and now i need to switch to use online account instead, how can i do to switch to login with online account instead?

:)

Seksit Yodpetch, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2020
  4. DarWun Win User

Windows10, How to switch the local account to online account

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows10, How to switch the local account to online account

1. Windows10, How to switch the local account to online account - Similar Threads - Windows10 switch local

2. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  3. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  4. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch back to local account?: I built a gaming PC a couple of months ago, performed all the updates necessary, and bought an official digital license from Newegg. Up until recently, I was using the local account I had set-up when I activated my Windows key. I then had customer support guide me through the...
  5. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch back to local account?: I built a gaming PC a couple of months ago, performed all the updates necessary, and bought an official digital license from Newegg. Up until recently, I was using the local account I had set-up when I activated my Windows key. I then had customer support guide me through the...
  6. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  8. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  9. How to update the password of my local account once switched to login with online account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to update the password of my local account once switched to login with online account: I've switched to login with Microsoft account, and I update the password regularly. However when I try to recover my system, I'm prompted to type in the password of my local account, which was set long time ago and I don't remember. After full reinstallation, all data was...
  10. Switching to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...