Windows 10: Windows10 - IRQ conflict problem

Discus and support Windows10 - IRQ conflict problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop has a serious IRQ conflict problem. The process "system interrupt" shows a very high CPU% usage, especially after the system boot 100%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SJ_0620, May 20, 2021.

1. SJ_0620 Win User

Windows10 - IRQ conflict problem

Hi, My laptop has a serious IRQ conflict problem. The process "system interrupt" shows a very high CPU% usage, especially after the system boot 100%. During the high CPU% usage of "system interrupt", the keyboard does not response at all. Here below are some information about my laptop:- Hardware model: HP Notebook 15-ay102nf- Windows system: 10.0.19042 N/A build 19042- IRQ conflicts: All the drivers of my laptop are in their latest official versions.I have not found any information about IRQ manual configuration in Windows 10. Can some

:)

SJ_0620, May 20, 2021
  2. sbrown123 Win User

IRQ Conflict

Thanks for replying, I ran the troubleshooter and it said that no problems were found, nothing helped as it is not a generic issue, I know for sure that it is an IRQ conflict, and I would love to know how to change this, as Windows is not doing it automatically.

Thanks, Sean.

sbrown123, May 20, 2021
  3. Artopsy Win User
    Windows (10) and Irq conflict

I have a toshiba Laptop Qosmio X505

I have finally figured out there is an irq conflict with the hardware and windows 10 64bit it also happens in windows 7 64 bit

the video card, the usb, the firewire and the wireless are all on interrupt 16. This has been causing system lock up for a year or two. I finally recieved a BSOD that stated irq conflict and so i looked into it. ( I had wrongly assumed that irq conflicts
    were a thing of the past so never assumed that ).

no diagnostic indicates an irq conflict.

I am pretty sure it is an IRQ conflict since the ram tests well, the cpu tests well, virus scans turn up nothing. When I disable wireless, usb, and firewire (just the nvidia video enabled) the machine keeps running. when i enable usb and use something like
    a game pad the system locks.

I have done fresh installs, updated all drivers, installed windows updates. I have tried every bios version available for this laptop, All the bios have no setting for pci steering on or off.

in device manager pci bus has no irq steering tab and for all devices the use automatic settings and change settings are grayed out.

How do I fix this????? how can I move at least the usb to an open irq 3-15 or 20-22

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Artopsy, May 20, 2021
  4. bobyjo Win User

IRQ Conflicts

There is a provision to manually assign the IRQ's.
    If this not acceptable to you, in bios you have the option to select (SPD) which allows windows to automatically assign the IRQ's for maximum stability and performance.
    Sometimes when you make a change in hardware, if the IRQ's are already assigned.
    IE::A volume of Windows is already installed when you make the hardware change.
    This could cause a problem.
    So either assign the IRQ's manually, or if you are not confortable with that, set the IRQ's to (SPD) auto. Then reboot, windows should make the necessary changes.
    If you need a new sound card, just install this normally, that should not be a problem.

bobyjo, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows10 - IRQ conflict problem - Similar Threads - Windows10 IRQ conflict

2. IRQ failed / Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQ failed / Scannow: My computer is a HP R9DRB2N. I did a system check and the IRQ failed. I tried a sfc scannow and it said it couldn't finish the requested procedure. I did this because I kept getting "the group resource is not in the correct state to perform the requestd operation". Please tel...
  3. IRQ failed / Scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQ failed / Scannow: My computer is a HP R9DRB2N. I did a system check and the IRQ failed. I tried a sfc scannow and it said it couldn't finish the requested procedure. I did this because I kept getting "the group resource is not in the correct state to perform the requestd operation". Please tel...
  4. Device and irq problem 4on music production pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device and irq problem 4on music production pc: Hi AllI get crasy cant get al tis away from my keyboard and mouse device. and i hava a orginal usb stick with windows 10, but after a fixing bios and reinstal i have old windows like old drivers from win xp win 7 ect. i brute force to install just to try win 11 and it whas...
  5. IRQ conflicts spotted on Windows 10 HP Laptop

IRQ conflicts spotted on Windows 10 HP Laptop: I have spotted some resource conflicts, including an IRQ conflict, on my Windows 10 HP laptop while looking into System Information. Is there a way to fix them and should i be concerned? I uninstalled the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor device, but after the next restart...
  6. Interlok driver and Windows10 version 2004 causes a serious conflicts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interlok driver and Windows10 version 2004 causes a serious conflicts.: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Hi. I'd like to share my experience on this nightmare... I have tried tens of time to get my new PC working, as it had repeatedly forced to crash after reboot. Finally I found out that PACE Anti-Piracy's "Interlok driver setup x64" was the...
  7. regedit: priority control (IRQ)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    regedit: priority control (IRQ): Can someone confirm setting priority control under KHLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl for irq in regedit works ? I read it is outdated residue from WindowsNT, but setting priority for cmos and than for gpu reduced input lag, so it seems it works. There is...
  8. BSOD EVGA P55FTW - GeFroce GTX 260 - IRQ 16 & 19 Conflicts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD EVGA P55FTW - GeFroce GTX 260 - IRQ 16 & 19 Conflicts: I am getting a constant BSOD. It runs stable for maybe 30 minutes or sometimes less then the system reboots. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.15063 Build 15063 running an Samsumg 850 EVO SSD firmware EXM04B6Q and 2 - 3TB Seagate drives formated through windows storage space...
  9. IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?

IRQ Problem with Optiarc cd/dvd player?: I upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 and now my cd/dvd player doesn't work. It doesn't show up as drive in file manager. It does show up under "other devices" in Device Manager, with a question mark next to it. HP print device is also there with a question mark, but it...
  10. System Interrupts - IRQ conflict - 525(?) IRQs!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Interrupts - IRQ conflict - 525(?) IRQs!!: I haven't seen IRQ conflicts commonly since the heady days of Windows 95, when you would do something to your system, boot up and BANG! BSOD! Now I like playing with old systems, and ever since last summer have been trying to get an Acer Travelmate 2423 Intel Celeron M...