Windows 10: windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

Discus and support windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by badpeople_yue, May 23, 2023.

1. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-05-23T15:16:12.1101464Z" /> <EventRecordID>201652</EventRec

:)

badpeople_yue, May 23, 2023
  2. zinou Win User

Slow Boot in Windows10 - ok POST time, but too long to logon screen

Hi @ShrakAtak and welcome to tenforums.

from the boot trace, you total boot time is 58,71s. there are 30s spent at the pre-session init phase, which is a lot for a config like yours.

windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time 231334d1555941031t-slow-boot-windows10-ok-post-time-but-too-long-logon-screen-capture1.png

Looking at what's causing this delay (28s), reveal that is caused by the system trying to start a network device.

windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time 231335d1555941055t-slow-boot-windows10-ok-post-time-but-too-long-logon-screen-capture2.png

After looking closer to that, it seems that the network device is a Wireless AC 1200 Dual bande Usb Adapter.

windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time 231336d1555941324t-slow-boot-windows10-ok-post-time-but-too-long-logon-screen-capture3.png

windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time 231337d1555941339t-slow-boot-windows10-ok-post-time-but-too-long-logon-screen-capture4.png

Remove this device and do a test.

zinou, May 23, 2023
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Unable to wake from sleep from time to time

This is so stupid. Laptop for 250€ sleeps and wakes up perfectly. My former 6 years old rig was sleeping/waking up fine. My current system for what, 1200€ with brand new components, everything made for power efficiency. And it can't even freaking wake up from a god damn sleep. So I have it disabled which means it'll run for days if I forget to turn it off. Idiotic.

RejZoR, May 23, 2023
  4. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

Windows 10 sleeps again after waking up, if I don't authenticate in time

• I use my pc as a server for some applications, so I need it to be always on during the day. As long as my pc is on, the servers are running.
    • I put it to sleep when I go to bed, because I don't need the servers to be running when I sleep.
    • I can use my phone to wake my pc using wake-on-lan functionality. This is useful when I'm not in the same room as my pc and want to wake the pc for the servers to run.

The thing is: when I wake my pc up, if I do not authenticate in time (I think 10 or 15 minutes might be the limit), my pc gets back to sleep. I didn't want this to happen, I'd like it to keep on whether I've authenticated or not. And I don't want to turn
    off authentication when waking up, so my family can't snoop around my stuff. Is there a way to prevent Windows from auto sleeping after some time?

Caique de Oliveira, May 23, 2023
Thema:

windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

1. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time - Similar Threads - windows10 takes lot

2. computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode: Hello, I have a windows desktop and have been having an issue with it loading from sleep mode. when I click the mouse/keyboard to start the pc back up, it takes a good 3-5 mins before the screen fires up to the sign in screen. The PC itself wakes up, just doesn't wake up the...
  3. computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode: Hello, I have a windows desktop and have been having an issue with it loading from sleep mode. when I click the mouse/keyboard to start the pc back up, it takes a good 3-5 mins before the screen fires up to the sign in screen. The PC itself wakes up, just doesn't wake up the...
  4. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  5. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  6. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  7. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year. The boot time is extremely high around 5...
  8. Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode: As the title states, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Usually I just put up with it, but it took an exceptionally long 15 seconds today. I thought this was typical Windows behavior...
  9. Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep

Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep: It seems to take ~20 seconds for my computer to get to the Windows 10 login screen from sleep. I first click on the keyboard and it lights up immediately. I can hear the CPU fan kick on immediately also. Then I have to wait another 15-20 seconds before the monitor displays...
  10. Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer takes time to wake up from sleep: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...