Windows 10: Windows10 keeps getting waked up by other Win10 PC

Discus and support Windows10 keeps getting waked up by other Win10 PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I got a big problem and I've been searching the last days for a solution. I had a Win8.1 PC which acts as a MediaServer for 2 Raspberrys running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnKeel, May 19, 2016.

1. JohnKeel Win User

Windows10 keeps getting waked up by other Win10 PC

Hi,

I got a big problem and I've been searching the last days for a solution. I had a Win8.1 PC which acts as a MediaServer for 2 Raspberrys running KODI. I used SmartPower for EnergyManagement and sending the Server to sleep if no files where streamed. I could wake it up from KODI via WOL and all worked well. But now the Server will still go to sleep acording to plan, but keeps getting waked up. Through trial and error I could exclude the Raspberrys as the Source for the wake up call. I got another Windows PC (at first running Win7), who also was connected to one drive from the Server, but there was never any problem that it woke up the server on itself. But now it seems to keep waking up the server. I tried everything, and finally updated both PCs to Win10. But nothing has changed.

The Server goes to sleep. And if the other PC is up, it keeps waking up the server every 20 minutes via the network card (confirmed via "powercfg -lastwake" on the server). If the other PC is off, the server keeps sleeping, therefore the Raspberrys can't be the source of the wake up call. I already updated all network drivers, but nothing seems to help.

And all solutions I find on the net go about disabling WOL functionality, which is of course no solution for me, since I still need it to be able to wake up the server from my living room via KODI.

I already disconnected all network drives from the Server on my other PC, in the case that these would wake up the server (even if they didn't in the past). So now I dont know what else tot try and would be very gratefull for any hints...

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my bad english)!

:)

JohnKeel, May 19, 2016

2. Pc keeps waking up

My computer started waking up after fifteen minutes or so a few days ago. As had others, I found that powercfg -lastwake and the Event View log gave no meaningful information.

A short while ago, I was going to use msconfig to do a clean boot, but found that the Windows 10 version is different from earlier ones: Instead of giving a list of startups in its module, it now tells you to use the Task Manager (I think that is where
    it sends you: I just tried to find it through the Windows 10 search engine, which for the second time in the past hour, fails to do anything when I type anything it in, SIGH,)

At any rate, I am not sure what I can safely disable in that list (which, of course, I cannot now get to as I cannot search for msconfig, SIGH NUMBER TWO. How do I decide what to disable, once I am able to get to the list of things to disable?

GawainTheGreenGiant, May 19, 2016
  3. Pc keeps waking up

Hi Imran,

Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps, but the problem still persists.

I suggest you to test the issue by creating another User Profile and see if it still persist. If the problem doesn't occur, then the issue might be due to corrupted user profile.
    Suggest you try the below mentioned steps with current user profile to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Let us know if it helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

In Device Manager, for the ethernet Network Controller, under advanced properties, try disabling Wake on Pattern Match:

Windows10 keeps getting waked up by other Win10 PC [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows10 keeps getting waked up by other Win10 PC - Similar Threads - Windows10 keeps getting

2. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  3. What keeps waking up my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What keeps waking up my pc?: Event viewer says "source unknown" and command prompt says "wake history count - 1".Aside from turning off literally everything, is there a way to figure out what is causing this? Nothing will tell me....
  4. What keeps waking up my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What keeps waking up my pc?: Event viewer says "source unknown" and command prompt says "wake history count - 1".Aside from turning off literally everything, is there a way to figure out what is causing this? Nothing will tell me....
  5. PC keeps waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps waking up.: For the past few days, every time I put my PC in sleep mode, it wakes up a few minutes later. Sometimes less than a minute later. I've never had this issue before. It would always stay sleep. I'm in Windows Version10.0.18363 Build 18363. 165822
  6. Pc keeps waking up

Pc keeps waking up: My pc keeps waking up from update orchestrator , I go into the command and enterpowercfg -waketimers the experation date just keeps moving so everynight my pc wakes up, I have to shut it down instead of putting it to sleep, This is an inconvenience, I can leave it on all...
  7. PC keeps waking up by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps waking up by itself: Hi guys, i have a problem with every installation of windows 10 i have. I prefer to use sleep or hibernation mode on my PC at night, but it randomly turn on in the middle of the night. What i already did: Disabled allow waketimers in power options. Used PStools to uncheck...
  8. PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.

PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.: This is really annoying and has been going on for a few months now. My PC will randomly come out of sleep mode. Iv'e turned off wake timers in the power settings but it still happens. I managed to look up other solutions and one told me to go into the event viewer and I did...
  9. Waking-up other PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Waking-up other PC: My two PC's (A and B) are part of the home network. A has access to folders on B, no problem. The power settings on B are balanced. After a certain time B will go in the sleep (or energy saving) mode. In that situation, A is not able anymore to wake-up B (before some Windows...
  10. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...