Windows 10: [Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and unable to scroll up

Discus and support [Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and unable to scroll up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and I am unable to scroll up even i use page up to scroll up it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sreelakshmi#11, Jun 13, 2021.

1. [Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and unable to scroll up

[Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and I am unable to scroll up even i use page up to scroll up it automatically scroll down.

:)

Sreelakshmi#11, Jun 13, 2021
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Jun 13, 2021
  3. [Windows10] PC automatically scrolls down and selects the last file

Hey there, I am facing this really annoying issue.

My laptop automatically scrolls down on its own. I'm facing this problem since last few months but now, it occurs almost everytime. I can't figure out why it's happening. I searched all over web but found nothing.

What's happening?

If i open a page in Chrome it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the webpage.

If i open excel spreadsheet it automatically scrolls to the last row.

If i'm just on idle desktop it automatically selects last icon. And when i double click to open some other app icon, it opens the last app ocon

What's more?

If i scroll back to top, it again scrolls down. It's like playing tug-of-war :-(

Please help people!

Jairaj Prasad, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

[Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and unable to scroll up

automatic scrolling of windows

Thank you for the information.

First, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ruth Buruga on this

link

If that didn't work, you can check the information and solution provided on the links below:

Automatic-Scrolling

Auto-scrolling-in-Windows-10

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

[Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and unable to scroll up

1. [Windows10] Laptop automatically scrolls down and selects the last file and unable to scroll up - Similar Threads - Windows10 Laptop automatically

2. Explorer automatically scrolls up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer automatically scrolls up.: In Windows 11 I do not like that whenever I am on the below of a folder it automatically goes up.Please solve the issue. Because I literally paid/ I bought the genuine Windows 11 and I can't go to Windows 10 again....
  3. Windows10] PC automatically scrolls down and selects the last file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10] PC automatically scrolls down and selects the last file: E-mail : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-pc-automatically-scrolls-down-and/6c61c214-344e-483f-bc2b-1ea62c7388f6
  4. Windows10] PC automatically scrolls down and selects the last file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10] PC automatically scrolls down and selects the last file: E-mail : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-pc-automatically-scrolls-down-and/6c61c214-344e-483f-bc2b-1ea62c7388f6
  5. Windows10] PC automatically scrolls down and selects the last file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Mouse scroll automatically for down & always selecting down icon in desktop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll automatically for down & always selecting down icon in desktop.: My mouse point is scroll automatically for bottom of the screen or page & it selecting the last icon in the desktop.I updateed the drives.I reinstall the drives.I change the mouse.I turn off the "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them".I have updated to windows...
  7. Last icon of the desktop automatically selected and auto scroll, automatic insertion of...

Last icon of the desktop automatically selected and auto scroll, automatic insertion of...: When I start my computer last icon of the desktop automatically selected. When i click on other icons only the last icon is opened. I can open the icons if i press the TAB button and refresh.But it is limited to some time only. Also web pages are scrolled down automatically...
  8. Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically: I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried troubleshooting ive done everything i have found online nothing works, it only does it in windows applications it has yet to do it...
  9. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...
  10. screen scrolls up automatically

screen scrolls up automatically: I have a problem with scrolling. When I am on the browser and scroll down, the screen automatically scrolls up to the top of the picture. Please, recommend how I can fix it...