Windows 10: Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep

Discus and support Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's a basic Lenovo laptop that I only use for web browsing, but for some reason it always freezes when it wakes from sleep and takes around 2-5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theswagforever, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep

It's a basic Lenovo laptop that I only use for web browsing, but for some reason it always freezes when it wakes from sleep and takes around 2-5 minutes to get to the password login screen to enter the text.

I've tried google searching for fixes but I haven't found anything that works.

It should be mentioned that this issue is recent as this laptop never used to do this (the laptop is 1 year and 3 months old), but the problem started about a month ago. I've already updated windows 10 and everything is in good order.

The only time it wakes from sleep quickly is if I restart my computer right before the first sleep session.

I am out of ideas, and hope someone here can help.

TLDR; Lenovo laptops freezes when waking from sleep and takes like 5 mins to get to login screen, need a fix.

submitted by /u/theswagforever
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theswagforever, Jun 4, 2020
  2. tomseys Win User

Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later it freezes and i have to press control alt delete (which takes a minute to respond) and then press task manager to get out of it. When it freezes the mouse curses will show that circle thing and nothing works (whatever I click etc) though I can move the cursor around. If I try to sleep again after I break out of the freeze it works fine, I can wake and no freeze. But if I shutdown or restart the laptop the first time I make it sleep it freezes.

I've tried some things including rolling back the IME driver (which fixed a shutdown issue and is a recommended fix for hp laptops with shutdown/sleep issues), making sure I have all updates, that the keyboard and mouse have the wake up setting checked etc. Windows 8.1, which I upgraded from, worked perfectly with this. My roommate has same laptop and he has same exact issue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

tomseys, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep

1. Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY

2. Screen or the System Freezes When wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen or the System Freezes When wakes up from sleep mode: So almost few weeks ago my close one broke my 2 monitor and i was stuck with my 3rd Baddest monitor. Then I plugged in the second tv in my house and I was playing untill I saw something wrong I host Minecraft server on my computer to play with friends and goes afk sometimes...
  3. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  4. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  5. Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep: I've been having issues since december 2020 primarily when the computer wakes from sleep. Sometimes it does not fully wake up, meaning monitors are turned on maybe the lights from the keyboard and mouse but it does not return to desktop. If i power down the PC hold power 3...
  6. Windows10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 will not wake from sleep: A fresh install. No tinkering. Power settings are default "out of the box" Wired keyboard, wired mouse. Wired ethernet. WiFi not yet set up. Set it to download from Steam overnight. Next morning system and display fast asleep. Hit spacebar, system fan spins up....
  7. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  8. Windows 10 freezes when waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezes when waking up from sleep: I have an old HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor desktop PC. Yes, I know it's old and outdated and I should upgrade, but I can't afford that right now. Lately, when I try to wake my PC up from sleep, one of the following happens: 1. The screen is black the screen is on...
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. Computer Constantly Wakes up from Sleep

Computer Constantly Wakes up from Sleep: It seems that I'm still not the only one with this issue. My computer will wake up from sleep mode ALL THE TIME. If I leave the laptop open, a bright screen will wake me up in the middle of the night. If I keep it closed it'll be fully on and running when I open it up the...