Windows 10: Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

Discus and support Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JordanPoynter, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it off again. Didn’t notice the warning sign saying “do not turn off the computer” until it was too late...

I am reasonably tech-savy so aslong as you have a solution I can get it done.

Please help

:)

JordanPoynter, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Black Screen During Driver Update Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Aug 27, 2018
  4. RayBowes Win User

Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

Windows10 update

Thanks for that Allan it worked exactly as you said (method 1)

Cheers

Ray

RayBowes, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

1. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update - Similar Threads - Windows10 laptop turned

2. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  3. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  4. Windows10 update icons won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 update icons won't turn off: I've had several days of constant update icons showing on my taskbar and in the "shut-down" option of my start menu. Today, I looked up my update history in settings and found that the update in question has already been successfully installed in my computer. How do I shut...
  5. Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on: I had finished the work so I turn off the laptop but it turn back again so I thought I mistakly reboot instead so I turn it off again but the same thing happened so I hold the power button for 20 seconds to make a force shutdown. When I did this the led of the keyboard...
  6. Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force turn off now the laptop won't turn back on: I had finished the work so I turn off the laptop but it turn back again so I thought I mistakly reboot instead so I turn it off again but the same thing happened so I hold the power button for 20 seconds to make a force shutdown. When I did this the led of the keyboard...
  7. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  8. Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update: Split from this thread.while updating windows some error occurs. and laptop suddenly getting off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-during-windows-10-update/73888841-d431-429d-a79d-6c04e879526c
  9. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  10. Turn off forced shut off after updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced shut off after updates?: How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates? 43087

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop turned off during update