Windows 10: Windows10 - last update ruined Hello - and other applications

Discus and support Windows10 - last update ruined Hello - and other applications in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried all suggested ways published on the forum Since the latest upgrade to 1809 - 17763.348, I cannot access to my Surface Studio with face... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Missy_CH, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Missy_CH Win User

Windows10 - last update ruined Hello - and other applications

I tried all suggested ways published on the forum

Since the latest upgrade to 1809 - 17763.348, I cannot access to my Surface Studio with face recognition anymore.

Tried to delete and reinstall it - it does not even react - stays still - tried to find the thru the device manager Hello and the rest - pilotes are updated to the latest. But can't find the fingerprint reader, nothing!

What happened?

Last October there's a mess with the upgrade - then it was retrieved

Last February there were issue

Today, no Hello and cannot even backup anymore - it stays static at 25%! for hours...

Is MS willing to waste our time and money???

It has come to a point that am fed-up and all the money and time am spending on your own produced deviced is not worth continuing with MS!

:)

Missy_CH, Mar 4, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Mar 4, 2019
  3. update to Photos app, Windows 10, totally ruining photos

Hello Patricia,

Before we proceed in troubleshooting this concern, may we know the following:

• Did you follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread?
    • Did you also install the same update before you encountered this problem?

We look forward to your response.

Desiree Yau, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows10 - last update ruined Hello - and other applications - Similar Threads - Windows10 last update

2. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  3. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  4. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. last windows10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    last windows10 update: This update corrupt something that mess up the sound card. I cant work anymore with Finale music editor that gives me an error code 7. How to solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-windows10-update/866341e7-3ca6-4f32-a296-bfb3c53a27b3
  6. Last update in Windows10 issue - Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last update in Windows10 issue - Please help: I have problem when i want to update my PC , and that problem in this pictures below: first , this update: [ATTACH] second this problem: [ATTACH] i dont know what should i do ??? i search in apps VirtualBox but i didn't find it on my PC ....
  7. PLS Help: Windows10 update ruined my Realek driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PLS Help: Windows10 update ruined my Realek driver: So last night while i was playing modern warfare with my buds, windows was downloading a new update. And my headset and everything was working just fine as usual. This morning I got on my PC and noticed I couldn't find Realtek HD anywhere on my computer. It wasnt in my device...
  8. PLS Help: Windows10 update ruined my Realek driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PLS Help: Windows10 update ruined my Realek driver: So last night while i was playing modern warfare with my buds, windows was downloading a new update. And my headset and everything was working just fine as usual. This morning I got on my PC and noticed I couldn't find Realtek HD anywhere on my computer. It wasnt in my device...
  9. Application crash since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application crash since last update: I have been using Traders Elite Pro for a few days, then an update was installed on the 4th. Ever since, I cannot run the program. it loads partially and crashes. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, and it will not reinstall. This is the XML View from even viewer. I get...
  10. The last cumulative update ruined audio in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The last cumulative update ruined audio in games: Hello, some days ago I normally updated my OS. Legit cumulative update showed up - .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for 1903, 64x typed processors, build 18362.356. This once hapenned in may this year, the audio after this update seems like it's broken in certain games (Overwatch...