Windows 10: Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this?

Discus and support Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After my father had his computer reformatted at a technician, I noticed his desktop folder and download folder was located on D:\. Usually they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rim_smokey, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this?

After my father had his computer reformatted at a technician, I noticed his desktop folder and download folder was located on D:\. Usually they are located on C:\ on newly installed Windows machines. But somehow this is not the case with this one.

First of all. What might have been the reason for this technician to make this change when installing windows10? (keep in mind that C:\ is an NVME M.2 SSD, and D:\ is a SATA HDD).

Secondly. How do I change the default location for users?

Its still a possibility to create a new user. But in that case I need to change where Windows stores this new user.

submitted by /u/Rim_smokey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rim_smokey, Mar 18, 2020

2. Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10

Hi Aixa,

The Non-system disk or disk error usually occurs when the
    computer is unable to find an operating system on any of the storage devices. When this happens, the computer won't be able to load your
    Windows operating system. To determine what's causing this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Non system disk but why ?

Thank you @Fafhrd
    You are absolutely correct. I overlooked what's in Disk 0.
    OK. Here's the solution:
    The Boot Manager is in partition F: and that's why it's marked Active. You need to move it to C:

1. Download a free version: EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies
    2. Install, run and follow the screen below.

Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this? [​IMG]
    PS. Use: Macrium Reflect Free instead as advised above

topgundcp, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this?

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this? :)

Frogger, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this?

1. Windows10 machine stores user folders on non-system disk - How do I change this? - Similar Threads - Windows10 machine stores

2. How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?: I have a system with one Administrator account and one non-admin User account. I simply want to allow the non-admin user to access Disk Management for extending a drive into unallocated space. How do I go about doing that?OS: Windows Server 2019 Standard...
  3. How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?: I have a system with one Administrator account and one non-admin User account. I simply want to allow the non-admin user to access Disk Management for extending a drive into unallocated space. How do I go about doing that?OS: Windows Server 2019 Standard...
  4. How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I change a user folder to a specific name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change a user folder to a specific name?: Hello. I'm in the process of building a PC and trying to get all the user settings to sync with my laptop using OneDrive. Things have been working fine and I created folders in OneDrive that seem to make it work - for example, Google Chrome. However, once I switched over to...
  6. How do I change a partition to non-System

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change a partition to non-System: I have a Windows 10 computer that has a C: bootable drive that is set as System and some other settings too. I want to change it so that it's not System any more it's just plain. Thanks....
  7. How do I change the folder with the name of the user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the folder with the name of the user: Hiya my computer was set up by my ex and it has there name on it and it’s really upsetting seeing it whenever something is downloaded , is there any way I can change it to my name. Thanks submitted by /u/hayley_owo [link] [comments]...
  8. Non-System DIsk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-System DIsk: I'm using a ASUS TUF505DD-AL040, and decided to upgrade my hard drive, I installed it and used a boot key to reinstall windows 10. I got a "Non-system Disk " error and it seems I can't install windows. I tried to reinstall my old hard drive who still got windows 10 on it and...
  9. How to use separate non-system disk for users files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use separate non-system disk for users files: I reinstalled Windows 10 on a new system C: disk and with a new user account on that system disk. All my previous user files desktop, documents, etc are on a separate non-system disk, and i want those files to be accessible to the new user, and the new user's new files to be...
  10. How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?: I let a friend log into my Windows 10 laptop. Now I can't seem to find a way where I change user name so I can log in. I have searched forums ... one suggestion was to right click on the user name or power button .... didn't work for me. I have not created a user name...