Windows 10: Windows10 MAIL

Discus and support Windows10 MAIL in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I delete a MAIL file it goes in the deleted items list ok But that list is never cleaned out so nothing can be deleted forever. The same happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikecarverZA, Sep 9, 2018.

1. mikecarverZA Win User

Windows10 MAIL

When I delete a MAIL file it goes in the deleted items list ok But that list is never cleaned out so nothing can be deleted forever.

The same happens with the sent items

Please advise how to completely delete obsolete files like these I am worried about overflow of space.

mcarver

:)

mikecarverZA, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Parth P Patel Win User

Windows10 MAIL

Mail on windows10 : email account will not sync.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error are you receiving when you try to sync the mails?
    • Does this issue persist in all e-mail account?

I suggest you to refer to the below given article to configure the account with Mail app and re-configure it and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-accounts

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Also after configuring account kindly follow the below given steps and check if mail syncs:

• Click on Gear (setting) button in left panel in Mail app.
    • Click or tap on Account in right panel.
    • Click or tap on the Account that is not syncing.
    • Click on Change mailbox sync setting.
    • Select “as item arrives” under Download new content.
    • Toggle Email to ON under Sync options.
    • Check and verify that sync works now.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 MAIL

1. Windows10 MAIL - Similar Threads - Windows10 MAIL

2. Optional Feature History Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional Feature History Windows10: My computer shows windows developer mode installed 11/13/18 and Hello face recognition A and B uninstalled 5/31/18. I didn't do any of these actions for one and the history is for the last seven days? Why would that be?...
  3. windows10 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 upgrade issue: I downloaded windows10 to upgrade my windows7 ultimate 64bit pc, it installed but for the past 5 hours the welcome screen opens then goes off then comes on etc can anyone help...
  4. Surface Upgrade to Windows10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Upgrade to Windows10 1809: When Surface Upgrade to Windows10 1809 using Media Creative Tool, a problem happen [ATTACH] Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro (5th Generation) / Install, update, and repair...
  5. Windows10 Cpu usage problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 Cpu usage problem: Hello i need help i really need hlp pls help me in my pc i notice after upgrading to windows it was using a little more cpu but later i notice it is using 100% cpu for all small task and i notice that when use any brower it use 100% cpu idk why but for even browsing sites it...
  6. Why in the world would Microsoft not let you move pictures from album to album in Windows10??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why in the world would Microsoft not let you move pictures from album to album in Windows10??: I don't see any way to move photos from album to album. And...I don't see any solutions from community boards. Please help if you know how to do this. Unfathomable that Microsoft would overlook this feature....
  7. Windows10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 mail: Win10 Mail has "system error" message on my Xfinity email when I try to manage it. Won't open when I apply correct password. Shows more characters than in actual password. Other email accounts open ok....
  8. Windows10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 Mail: How can a company like Microsoft ACCEPT RUBBISH like the Windows10 Mail program? You are a software company and the mail program is biggest load of sh.. that is out there. Are you not embarrassed to employing people that cannot write code? Is Microsoft as a company...
  9. The Mail app in Windows10 (not the Outlook.com site) has inbox font too large

The Mail app in Windows10 (not the Outlook.com site) has inbox font too large: The email app in Windows 10 (not the Outlook.com website) has inbox font too large, and the only discussion I can find seems to talk of the Outlook.com website interface, not that of the "Mail" app in Windows 10. Is there no way to adjust the display of the inbox in the...
  10. How do I unlink mail accounts on my mail app on my Windows10 laptop?

How do I unlink mail accounts on my mail app on my Windows10 laptop?: There isn't a "gear" logo where I can get to settings to unlink an account. Where do I go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-unlink-mail-accounts-on-my-mail-app-on-my/b740b35a-14de-4c11-b1ab-534f40fae783