Windows 10: Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware

Discus and support Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need help! I upgraded my computer to a ROG x570-I motherboard and Ryzen 9 3900 processor; and while i was at it, I cloned my m.2 ssd with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ahockeyjock, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware

I need help!

I upgraded my computer to a ROG x570-I motherboard and Ryzen 9 3900 processor; and while i was at it, I cloned my m.2 ssd with windows from Arconis and moved it to a new "rocket" gen4 m.2 using the pcie.

It won't boot. Asus doesn't show it in the boot drive unless I change bios to UEFI and CSM enabled. My boot priority shows "Boot option 1" as M.2_1 Sabrent Rocket 4.0 which is correct, but I get an error "an operating system wasn't found". I make game cabinets and clone a stripped down copy of windows (with license) using Arconis, so I'm pretty confident of my clone.

Is there something special with NVME that i'm not aware of? I found this thread and it hint's that NVME might be special:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...sung-960/472ff39f-b7e9-40db-95cf-9063115e1d07

I have my original m.2 drive (which is slower, but i have it as a backup, and, i have a recent windows system restore saved). Is there a way i can install new windows to this nvme, then restore all my settings and files via usb of the original drive using the windows restore?

submitted by /u/ahockeyjock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ahockeyjock, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Js3199 Win User

Migrating Windows 10 from m.2 sata to new pcie nvme ssd

Hello all,

I'm going to upgrade my current m.2 sata 128gb to a m.2 pcie nvme 480gb and have questions about migrating Windows over. From my understanding since i have a laptop and cant connect both drives at the same time and pcie nvme isnt supported externally I was
    going to try and create a restore disk of my current drive and then image it to my new drive. Will this work?

Again my process will be, create rescue disk and image to usb, power down and swap drives, enable usb boot to my usb and power on, run the rescue disk and image to my new pcie nvme ssd.

Does anyone see problems with this? Do I need a large usb or will 32gb work for a 128gb ssd?

Js3199, May 25, 2020
  3. about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, May 25, 2020
  4. worf105 Win User

Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware

NVMe M.2 SSD cooling

Thanks doorules, pparks1 and Cliff *Biggrin

Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware [​IMG]

Have still got one of these:

Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware [​IMG]

But no ideal place to position it to blow directly over the NVMe drive.

More images of Computer layout:

worf105, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware

1. Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware - Similar Threads - Windows10 Migration SSD

2. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  3. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  5. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  6. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  8. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  9. ?M.2 or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...