Windows 10: Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help?

Discus and support Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I would really really appreciate someone's help regarding this issue. Please take your time to read it if you think you can help regarding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sleepyysheepyy, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help?

Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help? 55eRaHVrq8t7JF613_BU6rdnfgH2f_s7aU0rLKN4GtY.jpg

I would really really appreciate someone's help regarding this issue. Please take your time to read it if you think you can help regarding audio input/output issues.

I have an Inspiron 5584 Windows 10 64bit laptop, bought in September 2019 (OS Build: 19041.867). I have ALWAYS had issues with headphone and audio devices. Whenever I plug something into the audio jack, the device itself is NEVER listed under sound settings from control panel, even with show disabled/disconnected devices showing. I have to restart my PC several times until it miraculously works and the audio is coming through the earbuds or headphones. However, my audio devices always only shows "Speakers/Headphones (RealTek(R) Audio)" no matter what the device audio comes through.

Now, I got hired for a new remote job as a survey interviewer and I need to be making calls through my headset from my PC starting Tuesday. I bought a new headset, the Razer Kraken X. It comes with an attached mic. And like usual, it took 3 PC restarts for the audio to finally come through the headset. However, it still does NOT appear in my control panel sound settings. I inserted a photo of how my screen currently looks. The headset does not appear as an output device no matter what I do, even though the audio is coming through it. I also attached the mic settings, and as you can see there is no option for the headset microphone. I am certain this is a PC issue and does not have to do with my device, as I've said this has happened with every pair of earbuds/headphones I have plugged in to this PC.

This has always been an issue with this PC and now after tons of googling and trying to figure it out I am convinced something is wrong with my laptop. I have tried looking at Microsoft support forums, people with similar issues, YouTube videos, online guides, other resources, and every single solution that works for other people has no effect on my PC. I am usually okay with using computers and have been able to fix any sort of issues in the past on my own but I really am frustrated right now. I am panicked and worried as I have work beginning Tuesday and I can't work if my computer won't read the headset. Please help, I feel defeated and I have no idea what to do now.

https://preview.redd.it/bbslpp4cewp...bp&s=a29bcfcc504531e6dbf6cd442f85e60069bf678f

https://preview.redd.it/w3j2zp4cewp...bp&s=3fb2e40d142a8c4908c4d283e75ef096f11654ba

submitted by /u/sleepyysheepyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sleepyysheepyy, Mar 29, 2021

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help? [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Mar 29, 2021
  3. microphone for razer nari headset not being detected

my headset (razer nari) has been working fine however for some reason the microphone has stopped being detected, in playback the headset is still there, but in recording there is no sign of the headset at all, i turned on show disable devices ect and still
    nothing, its as if the microphone portion of the headset has been removed from my laptop, everything ive seen so far for help on this hasent worked, any suggestions?

CoreyBaggott, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help?

Headset microphone not being detected in recording devices

Hi,

It's possible that some outdated drivers are preventing your microphone from being detected by your computer. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • Were you previously able to use your microphone on your computer, or is this the first time you tried to use it?
    • Does the microphone oh your headset work when plugged to a different device?
    • Can you tell us exactly what troubleshooting steps you tried in the past? This is important so that we could provide other steps that you haven't tried yet.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help?

1. Windows10 not detecting headset device or microphone.. I need it for work, help? - Similar Threads - Windows10 detecting headset

2. Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.: Hi guys, I would like to ask if what audio driver has a detection function of headsets and mic because on my current audio driver, it doesn't detect the headset's mic and My Laptop is an Acer Swift 3 SF314-41 the AMD Ryzen 5 one and I am currently running a Windows 11 OS...
  3. Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on finding an audio driver that detects headset and headset microphone.: Hi guys, I would like to ask if what audio driver has a detection function of headsets and mic because on my current audio driver, it doesn't detect the headset's mic and My Laptop is an Acer Swift 3 SF314-41 the AMD Ryzen 5 one and I am currently running a Windows 11 OS...
  4. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working: i added a bluetooth headset to my pc it detects as headset & headphonewhen testing the the headset playback i only get a "dialup" sound the headphone playback works properly the headset mic does not work at all...
  5. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working: i added a bluetooth headset to my pc it detects as headset & headphonewhen testing the the headset playback i only get a "dialup" sound the headphone playback works properly the headset mic does not work at all...
  6. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset Microphone Not Detected

Headset Microphone Not Detected: I recently switched from using a dedicated microphone on the microphone jack to using a headset microphone that shared the speaker port. I was able to use the microphone in a game, but none of my other applications detected any active microphone as being plugged in. My...
  8. Headset microphone not detected

Headset microphone not detected: When I have my headset plugged in I want to use my headset microphone however my laptop always uses the built-in microphone instead. The sound comes out of the headset just fine so it is definitely connected. I have looked online and no other similar cases have helped me. The...
  9. Headset microphone is not working. Help!

Headset microphone is not working. Help!: My headset's Logitech H390 microphone is not picking up sound but my laptop's built-in microphone works fine. Headset's speaker is also fine. People can't hear me whenever I do conference call on skype, messenger or joinme etc but I can hear them. I tried audio recorder but...
  10. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...