Windows 10: Windows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB...

Discus and support Windows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here is the scenario: On November 6, 2018 the October Windows 10 update was applied to my system. At the time I had a SATA docking station with 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Perfmaster, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Windows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB...

Here is the scenario: On November 6, 2018 the October Windows 10 update was applied to my system. At the time I had a SATA docking station with 2 drives inserted that was used for backing up data. Some of the data on one of the drives was not backed up anywhere else. One of the drives was new, purchased within 30 days of the incident. The Thermaltake docking station was left plugged into the USB port on my Dell Precision 5510 laptop. Both drives were readable and usable prior to the update. Dell laptop drivers were relatively up to date, as of July 2018.

> On bootup, neither drive was recognizable by Windows 10. When attempt to access them via Explorer, the message "You need to format the disk in Drive D: before you can use it" (2 drive letters were involved, D: and EWindows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB... :)

> A reboot of the system did not resolve the issue

> Taking the docking station to another Windows 10 system had the same result

> Other drives work fine in the docking station.

> Using tools like Mini Tool Partition Wizard have not been able to recover the NTFS partitions. I have only had partial success in recovering the data

using EASUSE partition recovery software.

As a business user this event / result was unwelcome.

I am wondering if there is anything else I can do or if Microsoft has tools that can be used to reverse the lost partition on the drives.

Please reference this for acknowledgement of issues with this update: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/11/13/resuming-the-rollout-of-the-windows-10-october-2018-update/ and note that the date was November 13th, 2018.

:)

Perfmaster, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Windows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB... nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Dec 19, 2018
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB...

USB boot for bios update

Did you read my response? "I can not select any other drives in the HP utility."

1. Download The Flash Bios From USB Package Below Bios From USB Package From Here DONE
    2. Install HPUSBDiskStorageFormatTool.exe DONE
    3. After You Install Run HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Icon Below UNDERSTOOD
    4. When HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Starts Select The Drop Down Bar And Select Your USB Device DONE but it will not allow me to choose my usb stick. As shown in the pic I posted, It has the right device name but the wrong drive letters. I can not choose anything else.

Step 5 could destroy two of my other partitions.

Lazzer408, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB...

1. Windows10 October 2018 update - Partitions corrupted post-boot on SATA drives in USB... - Similar Threads - Windows10 October 2018

2. Windows 10 May 2019 update corrupted USB SATA drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 May 2019 update corrupted USB SATA drive: I need help figuring this out, please. When I turned on my laptop and turned on my external SATA drive (connected through a docking station), it has now turned to a RAW drive. The drive is healthy but it looks like the file system has been corrupted on it and now I have...
  3. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  4. Unable to boot following October 2018 windows 10 update

Unable to boot following October 2018 windows 10 update: I have a Lenovo Z575 Ideapad which originally had Windows 7 installed, it was updated to Windows 10 via the official free upgrade. It has been running Window 10 (64 bit) fine, however following a Window update when switched on all i get is a black screen, i am unable to get...
  5. Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update

Random restarts on boot after October 2018 Update: Sometime, 1-3 day interval computer restarts on boot. After restart all is ok. Before October update all working not any problems. Error event: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 18.10.2018 19:38:38 Event ID: 41 Task...
  6. FILES CORRUPTED BY WINDOWS 10 OCTOBER 2018 UDATE

FILES CORRUPTED BY WINDOWS 10 OCTOBER 2018 UDATE: Ever since i upgraded to W/10 ,each time there are updates , i cannot get back into the system after restart , it claims " WINDOWS EXPLORER NOT RESPONDING" & " PERSONALIZED SETTINGS NOT FOUND "BUT after a couple of hours sometimes longer it starts working again . WHAT'S...
  7. windows 10 october update 2018

windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  8. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  9. October 2, 2018 update

October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........
  10. Windows10: UPDATE 2018.

Windows10: UPDATE 2018.: When installing the Win10 update I get a "pop up" which says to remove Avira AntiVir as it will compromise the system. When I click on the "REMOVE" icon, I then get another "pop up" which says that windows is unable to remove this and that I need to do it manually. I have...