Windows 10: Windows10 Photo LiveTiles Slideshow only showing 5 images?

Discus and support Windows10 Photo LiveTiles Slideshow only showing 5 images? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello everyone i am it seems photo live-tiles only showing 5images by default if we set it to "latest image" can we extend it to like 20images ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by slyphnier, Sep 1, 2015.

1. slyphnier Win User

Windows10 Photo LiveTiles Slideshow only showing 5 images?

hello everyone

i am it seems photo live-tiles only showing 5images by default if we set it to "latest image"
    can we extend it to like 20images ?

i know the image data is stored in here
    AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    but as it seems different on windows8, so i havent messing it yet

reshuffling images is easy
    just open photo apps -> setting -> set to 1 image and select image
    and the selected refreshed -> just select back to latest photo will refresh the 5slideshow images

:)

slyphnier, Sep 1, 2015
  2. gmopro Win User

Start menu - Photos - what is the source file

Slideshow on tile i guess. I used rotate to mean rotate photos (show them each one after another) on tile.

So the problem is with the Start menu tiles. The Photo app is pinned to the tiles.

At first it was only showing 5 photos. NO idea why those 5 and i wanted it to show all my photos, but then i learned that those are the ones that it chooses and we cannot make that choice and it maxes at 5 for some reason. Why only 5 i dont know and would
    never set it up that way. But i changed the source location a few times and now i dont see any photos showing in the tiles. So the Photos app does not work well with the tiles for me on windows10. It has been very frustrating and i dont like how it works
    with that start menu. Terrible to roll this out and not give us a way to add photos we want to be shown in the tiles...let us choose it Microsoft and make it work.

Please tell me how to locate this Photo library you talk about.
    Where exactly is this
    and how can i add photos i want there? So i have asked you this before, but
    did not get a response on it. Plz this time respond to it. Thanks. The goal here is to have a slide show within the Start Menu tile and see my photos rotating in it. I want more than 5, but i think this is set up to only show 5 for some reason. Should
    rotate as many as you want in my opinion or how about 10.

gmopro, Sep 1, 2015
  3. shortcut images using Windows Photo Viewer, or Microsoft 10 Photos app

I am using Windows 10. I have created a folder (folder X) comprising only shortcuts to photos in several folders. When I use Windows Photo Viewer, or the Microsoft 10 Photos app, to run a slideshow of my photos I can display the first photo, but subsequent
    photos in the slideshow come from the target folder for the first shortcut, not the photo corresponding to the second shortcut in folder X.

How can I get the slideshow to show only the photos with shortcuts in folder X?

davidgodden, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Windows10 Photo LiveTiles Slideshow only showing 5 images?

1. Windows10 Photo LiveTiles Slideshow only showing 5 images? - Similar Threads - Windows10 Photo LiveTiles

2. Importing photos is not showing images only file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing photos is not showing images only file names: I have been importing photos from my iPhone 7 to laptop now running Windows 10 for years. I see Microsoft have now changed messed around with the photos app. When I connected my USB cable high speed working fine to my laptop on this occasion, none of the photos were indexed...
  3. Importing photos is not showing images only file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing photos is not showing images only file names: I have been importing photos from my iPhone 7 to laptop now running Windows 10 for years. I see Microsoft have now changed messed around with the photos app. When I connected my USB cable high speed working fine to my laptop on this occasion, none of the photos were indexed...
  4. Photos Slideshow with a large folder of photographs, but only shows a limited number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Slideshow with a large folder of photographs, but only shows a limited number.: I do have folders within the main folder, but it manages that well. It just keeps showing and reshowing the same few photos. Surely it is not designed to just show a few photos. I was hoping to put a simple slideshow of all my travel photos on repeat on my TV screen. What are...
  5. Photos Slideshow with a large folder of photographs, but only shows a limited number.

Photos Slideshow with a large folder of photographs, but only shows a limited number.: I do have folders within the main folder, but it manages that well. It just keeps showing and reshowing the same few photos. Surely it is not designed to just show a few photos. I was hoping to put a simple slideshow of all my travel photos on repeat on my TV screen. What are...
  6. Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper: Hello everyone, I posted this question because of a problem I'm experiencing with the desktop slideshow wallpaper. I put 14 images into the folder chose for the background and 13 of them work. The third image, named "3.png" in the folder, does not show up on the desktop....
  7. Photo slideshow

Photo slideshow: I'm trying to make a slideshow and I've already renamed all the photos. I've numbered them 001 - 118. But it's putting them in order by date. The only sort options are "newest" or "oldest". How do I get them in alphabetic or numeric order without having to put them back in...
  8. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  9. Windows 10 live photo tile only will show recent photos slideshow on it

Windows 10 live photo tile only will show recent photos slideshow on it: Windows-10_Live Photo Tile, only change to show the -Recent Photos-slideshow. Will-not change to show a single photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-photo-tile-only-will-show-recent/4524197d-fa19-4c3a-b287-0c610910d61f
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow Showing Additional Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Slideshow Showing Additional Image: When I set a slideshow for my lock screen, the lock screen will also display the picture chosen for the picture option, and will only display that picture on the sign in page. Is there any way to get rid of it?...