Windows 10: Windows10 Photos app doesnot allow me to select any folder. Just seems to hang, no error...

Discus and support Windows10 Photos app doesnot allow me to select any folder. Just seems to hang, no error... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home Ver 1903 build 18362.388 and Microsoft Photos 2019.19071.17920.0. I have just reinstalled this as the latest version. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RajShah4, Oct 6, 2019.

1. RajShah4 Win User

Windows10 Photos app doesnot allow me to select any folder. Just seems to hang, no error...

I am running Windows 10 Home Ver 1903 build 18362.388 and Microsoft Photos 2019.19071.17920.0. I have just reinstalled this as the latest version.

I used to be able to see 2 folders to import my files to but could not add a new one. It just does nothing if I ask to add a new folder. I deleted one of the 2 folders it was aware of, just in case there was limit to the number of folders. Now that folder is gone and still can't add a new folder where I want my mobile pictures to reside.

This looks like a serious folder fault but can't see it mentioned anywhere on the web.

What can I do to add some new folders fo my app?

:)

RajShah4, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Windows10 Photos app doesnot allow me to select any folder. Just seems to hang, no error...

How do I move "folder" photos to an Album in Win10-Photos App?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to add the folder of photos to Photos App. We will help you.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Start and type Photos App.
    • Open the Photos App and Click on Settings.
    • Under Sources click on Add Folder.
    • Select the Folder and Click ok. It will get added.
    • Check if it is added and the photos are listed in the Photos App.
    Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows10 Photos app doesnot allow me to select any folder. Just seems to hang, no error...

1. Windows10 Photos app doesnot allow me to select any folder. Just seems to hang, no error... - Similar Threads - Windows10 Photos app

2. Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.: If I go to Firefox, chrome, edge and select where I want the download, it either crashes the app or takes 30ish seconds to start responding. This isn't just on browsers. Any app that opens an explorer dialog to select something will crash. I have a brand new HP x360...
  3. Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any 'open' or 'select download' folder on any app crashes the app.: If I go to Firefox, chrome, edge and select where I want the download, it either crashes the app or takes 30ish seconds to start responding. This isn't just on browsers. Any app that opens an explorer dialog to select something will crash. I have a brand new HP x360...
  4. Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?: I'm a recent Photos user so I do not know if I am dealing with long-term issues or if they are from the latest update. And I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I am running Win 10 on a HP Envy 360. It has an i7 processor 7th Gen and 16GB of RAM. Win 10 and Photos are both...
  5. Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?

Is it me or is the Photos App just a collection of bugs?: I'm a recent Photos user so I do not know if I am dealing with long-term issues or if they are from the latest update. And I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I am running Win 10 on a HP Envy 360. It has an i7 processor 7th Gen and 16GB of RAM. Win 10 and Photos are both...
  6. Photo app just hangs on save as or save

Photo app just hangs on save as or save: Hi EveryoneI have seen this question asked elsewhere and where there are solutions I have tried them. Microsoft photos works fine for import of a photo and editing it. then when I click either save or save as it just whirs round and round forever.What I have done to date:-1....
  7. Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application: I have two versions of the same app. Currently, in Default Apps, the associated app is the wrong version and I need to change it. When I go to Default Apps and click to change it, it does not give me the option of the other version -- presumably because they are the same name...
  8. Windows10 Photo app

Windows10 Photo app: I've just purchased a new PC with Windows10 & the Photo app installed. Previously, I used Windows7 & Live Gallery to edit photos. After downloading photos from a camera SD card, I edit and/or delete them. When I click the bin in the app, I get a warning message about deleting...
  9. Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.: Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it as default in Settings/Default Apps it will not accept the Opera Icon. I visited select defaults for Apps and ticked access...
  10. Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected

Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected: The photo app keeps showing old photos even though I've cleared all the source folders in the setting. Even if I add new source folders it'll show the new photos, but keeps insisting showing the old unwated ones from the folders that I've already removed from the setting....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos 2019.19071.17920.0

2. cannot add folder in microsoft photos 2019.19071.17920.0