Windows 10: Windows10 Pro; Network/Email Credentials keep clearing by themselves

Discus and support Windows10 Pro; Network/Email Credentials keep clearing by themselves in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro 64Bit computer, that a single user is using. Inconsistently the Windows 10 system will forget her network credentials to a File... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Devo2510, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Devo2510 Win User

Windows10 Pro; Network/Email Credentials keep clearing by themselves

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64Bit computer, that a single user is using. Inconsistently the Windows 10 system will forget her network credentials to a File Server. Further I have Office 365 installed, and the user is setup to use Outlook with our standard POP email servers. Also inconsistently, her Outlook will lose it's login credentials for both emails connected to it.

Once more, previously this user had another computer, and it was replaced within the last three weeks, funny thing, on her other computer, it was a Windows 10 Pro 64Bit system, but she was having the same problems. There is no virus, or bug or anything I can detect, and nobody else in our office is having these specific issues, other than this one user. The user does not have Administrator rights, just user rights on the system.

I guess my question is, what am I missing, or what can I check to see why Windows is wiping the credentials, if in fact that is the case. Please note, no other user's in our office are having this problem so often, it seems to be happening at least every 3-4 weeks, but again only to this one user.

:)

Devo2510, Jul 29, 2020

2. Cannot clear network access credentials

I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old credentials. What I've done until now:

1. there was nothing to delete in Windows credentials (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager)
    2. net use * /del
    3. klist purge
    4. restart explorer
    5. restart PC
    6. changed the password on the server, and saving NEW credentials on the PC. When I reverted back to original server password, the PC connected automatically (this makes me think that those credentials were saved somewhere, but I don't know where).

amimandami, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows10 Pro; Network/Email Credentials keep clearing by themselves - Similar Threads - Windows10 Pro Network

2. VPN credentials will not clear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN credentials will not clear: Hello. I utilize a PowerShell script to install our companies vpn connection with the Windows built in VPN feature. I have never had any issues running this process before. Today marked the first day for a new remote user. After attempting to connect, the user is prompted...
  3. VPN credentials will not clear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN credentials will not clear: Hello. I utilize a PowerShell script to install our companies vpn connection with the Windows built in VPN feature. I have never had any issues running this process before. Today marked the first day for a new remote user. After attempting to connect, the user is prompted...
  4. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  5. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Network Credentials not Saving

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - Network Credentials not Saving: I have recently updated to Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to connect with my Synology NAS server where I store my Shared Folders. It is making me insert my password every time I start my computer. Windows 7 did not make me do this. What can I do to fix this? I have store the...
  7. uac-keeps-resetting-on-windows10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    uac-keeps-resetting-on-windows10 pro: I have reset the UAC by the slider and by changing "enablelua" to a zero in the registry. About once a week it changes back to a 1 and crashes my database program which I must then re-install. I am on the verge of going to linux as this is becoming a problem costing me 3-4...
  8. how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  9. Windows 10 Pro computers can't see themselves in network

Windows 10 Pro computers can't see themselves in network: I have a 4 computer network with 2 Windows 7 machines and 2 Windows 10 Pro machines. The Win7 computers can see and access all 4 computers through Network. The Win10Pro machines can see and access the Win7 machines. They can't see or access themselves. They can PING each...
  10. Cannot clear network access credentials

Cannot clear network access credentials: OS: Windows 10 x64 I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old credentials. What I've done until now: there was nothing to delete in Windows credentials (Control Panel\All Control Panel...