Windows 10: Windows10 Randomly Detects OR Does Not Detect RAM.

Discus and support Windows10 Randomly Detects OR Does Not Detect RAM. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Lenovo Ideapad 310-14IKB. My laptop has 4GB onboard Ram and 4GB Ram in one and only one RAM slot. Sometimes windows 10 does not detect the RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacTavish1, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Windows10 Randomly Detects OR Does Not Detect RAM.

I have Lenovo Ideapad 310-14IKB. My laptop has 4GB onboard Ram and 4GB Ram in one and only one RAM slot. Sometimes windows 10 does not detect the RAM, Sometimes it randomly detects it and I get 8GB. Often, I have to open up laptop cover, Take out RAM, insert it back and it works.

:)

MacTavish1, Jun 22, 2020
  2. jfb9301 Win User

programs not detected by "3d Detection"

I cant seem to get some of my 3d programs to be properly detected by 3d Detection.
    a couple oldies but goodies, and yes, I do still play them.

UnrealTournament engine games
    Halflife engine games

I suppose when I dust them off I could just manually load a profile, but it is much easier to just have proper 3d detection. I noticed an exception list, is there any way to create a list of applications that if detected running, atitool switches to your 3d profile?

I've tried 0.23 and 0.24b1 no success.
    Using 5.2 Catalyst drivers.
    3d detection verified operational by doom3, HL2, 3dmark2001,2003, aquamark and a few more.

jfb9301, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2020
  4. rinjo Win User

Windows10 Randomly Detects OR Does Not Detect RAM.

System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.

I found the reason why the RAM in the other slot is not getting detected.
    In laptop RAM slots the pins on the bottom connector are a little curved so that it can push the RAM to make contact with the pins on the top connector when we press-fit the RAM in its place. The fit is such that the RAM is held in place with all 204 pins in contact.
    In my laptop, the pins on the second slot are not having enough curvature on the bottom pins. Hence, when I place the RAM in the slot and press it down, the pins never get connected to the top connector. Moreover the connection is so loose that I can easily slide the RAM out of place even after press-fitting it. So, the RAM is never detected! *Sad

Unfortunately my laptop is long out of warranty and nothing will be done by the OEM.
    The only way I can now upgrade is to put an 8 GB RAM in the slot which is working fine (easier way) or get the RAM connectors changed.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

--

rinjo, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 Randomly Detects OR Does Not Detect RAM.

1. Windows10 Randomly Detects OR Does Not Detect RAM. - Similar Threads - Windows10 Randomly Detects

2. Ram is detected by BIOS but NOT by OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram is detected by BIOS but NOT by OS: Hi ThereI just upgraded my ASUS G750-JH with a CRUCIAL DDR3 16GB module. The memory is detected by MB as you see in attached screen shots but doesn't show in my WIN 11 home 64bit.3 Items screenshotsIn BIOS I have 40GB but in Windows it is only 24GBIs there any driver missing?...
  3. RAM not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM not detected: Recently I bought a new 4GB DDR4 RAM stick for my pc with the hope of doubling it, previously I had one 4GB stick. I bought the same brand same model RAM Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4 RAM, model number: CB4GU2666. When I installed it into the other memory slot of the motherboard...
  4. RAM not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM not detected: Recently I bought a new 4GB DDR4 RAM stick for my pc with the hope of doubling it, previously I had one 4GB stick. I bought the same brand same model RAM Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4 RAM, model number: CB4GU2666. When I installed it into the other memory slot of the motherboard...
  5. Defect in RAM detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defect in RAM detection: Hello All, I have an assembled Windows CPU that I am using since one year. It has a ram of 128GB. I usually use it to play games. Last night I realised that one of the game that I played was running slow and so I checked the system info. There ir showed that installed ram...
  6. Ram not detected

Ram not detected: I recently added more Ram sticks to my PC. When I check task manager it says "1 or 4" yet I have 3 slots in use and I know that they all work. Anyone have any idea why this issue is accruing and what the solution is for it?...
  7. Ram not detected by windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ram not detected by windows.: Recently i upgraded my pc ram form 8gb to 16gb but the windows didn't detect the ram, also i checked with the bios its not detected over there also. But when i use a third party software it says that the ram has been installed Can any one please help me resolving the...
  8. Random Camera Detection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Camera Detection: My laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7000 has an IR camera and a normal webcam. 1/20 times the camera will turn on when I restart my computer. The rest of the time it says <No Camera Attached> error. At first I thought it was a hardware issue, but once the camera starts it functions...
  9. Windows Not Detecting RAM

Windows Not Detecting RAM: So, the main issue is: Windows doesn't allow me to use my second RAM stick. Both were bought in the same box, designed to be used together. Here are the specs for the RAM, motherboard and CPU: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 2 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 PC4 24000...
  10. RAM upgrade not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    RAM upgrade not detected: I have a mac book pro that I boot to Windows 10 - I upgrade the memory to 8mb, but it is not being recognized. When I boot to the mac side it is recognized. So I know it if not a hardware issue - I've already tried to go through the msconfig and checked the advanced and...