Windows 10: Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in...

Discus and support Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-recognizes-my-wester-digital-external/9a858185-1b75-4620-91f3-261cdc43e832 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanMcCormick2, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in...

Please help

:)

DanMcCormick2, Mar 2, 2020
  2. vallero Win User

external hard drive not recognized

Hello zbook
    #1) I have tested the external drives in three different computers, win10 pro, Win10, and XP. The results are identical. When I plug in the external hard drive windows signals a new device with an audio signal and the light comes on on the external drive. The results on all three pc's is identical in disk manager, file explorer and device manager.
    #2) I have tried all solutions presented to me by FreeBooter, from the simplest solution of uninstalling the external drive in device manager and rebooting windows, to using the various third party software that was suggested, obviously with out success.
    #3) The attached screen shots will only show one of the drives attached because I don't have enough free USB ports to attach two drives and I didn't think it would have been a good idea to use a hub.
    #4) one strange thing about one of the drives is that now device manager lists it as a Toshiba drive although it is a Western Digital.
    #5) Sorry but I have no way of getting a photo of BIOS

Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in... [​IMG]

Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in... [​IMG]

I look forward to reading your comments

vallero, Mar 2, 2020
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Mar 2, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in...

Western Digital Expands its Hard Drives and External Storage Solutions to 8TB

Western Digital Corporation, a world leader in storage solutions, today announced the expansion of its award-winning portfolio of performance storage solutions with 8 TB capacity drives for NAS, video surveillance and desktop external applications. Increasingly centralized, rich-content, which continues to grow in popularity among enterprises, small business and consumers alike, is driving demand for greater storage capacities.

Launching throughout the first half of 2016, My Cloud personal storage devices (My Cloud, My Cloud Mirror, My Cloud EX2 Ultra), My Book external hard drives (My Book, My Book for Mac, My Book Duo and My Book Pro), WD Red, WD Red Pro and WD Purple hard drives will all be designed with the new high-capacity configuration. Each storage solution offers purpose-driven engineering and HelioSeal helium-technology with the new 8 TB drives for maximum and efficient performance in the applications for which each model is designed.

Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in... 5a_thm.jpg

"We are committed to integrating high-performance, high-capacity and high-quality drives into all of our solutions," said Brendan Collins, vice president of product marketing, Western Digital Corporation. "No matter what market or application, we have a solution - whether it's for small businesses, channel partners, enterprises or end-users. Our goal is to deliver the best and most competitive solutions on the market."

The increase to 8 TB or 16 TB (with two 8TB drives in RAID 0) capacity applies to the following WD products:

External Hard Drives
    • My Book/My Book for Mac -- An external hard drive solution that provides complete backup and storage with USB connectivity.
    • My Book Duo/My Book Pro - Dual-drive external hard drive solutions which provide ultra-fast storage in RAID-0 and complete backup and storage with USB and/or Thunderbolt connectivity and up to 16 TB capacity.
    • My Cloud/My Cloud Mirror - A personal storage device that plugs into your router at home to provide consumers with their very own private cloud.
    • My Cloud EX2 Ultra - As part of the creative professional series of My Cloud products, the My Cloud EX2 Ultra provides high-performance two-bay network attached storage.
    Internal Hard Drives
    • WD Purple - Engineered for 24/7, always-on, high-definition surveillance security systems that use up to eight hard drives and up to 32 cameras
    • WD Red - Optimized for personal, home and small business NAS (network attached storage) systems
    • WD Red Pro - Optimized for small business and enterprise class NAS systems with high performance and reliability.
    Availability and Pricing
    My Book and My Book for Mac 8 TB is currently available at select U.S. retailers, distributors and through the WD Store. Manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the My Book 8 TB (model #: WDBFJK0080HBK) and the My Book for Mac (model #: WDBYCC0080HBK) is $299.99 USD.

btarunr, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in...

1. Windows10 recognizes my Wester Digital External 8tb hard drive in device manager but not in... - Similar Threads - Windows10 recognizes Wester

2. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    formatting external hard drive with 8tb?: Hello everyone.Wish you all a nice day.I need to format an external hard drive Seagate 8 TB, however, when I go to format I see the capacity is only 7.27 TB. Where is the rest 8TB, and what would it be the proper allocation unit size for such a drive?Thanks....
  3. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    formatting external hard drive with 8tb?: Hello everyone.Wish you all a nice day.I need to format an external hard drive Seagate 8 TB, however, when I go to format I see the capacity is only 7.27 TB. Where is the rest 8TB, and what would it be the proper allocation unit size for such a drive?Thanks....
  4. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not recognized: i recentley came accross a hard drive i had from and old Acer laptop, i think it had windows 7 or 8 on it, so i bought a SATA to USB 3.0, 2.5 inc case and plugged it in to the mac that i have been using for 3 years now, in finder there it was marked Acer open it up and could...
  6. External Hard Drives Not Recognized

External Hard Drives Not Recognized: We have just purchased a desktop unit and a touchscreen laptop and in both cases the external hard drives that were attached are no longer recognized by the new computers. Both of the computers have received all Windows Updates. I have downloaded the driver software and...
  7. External Hard drive Not recognized

External Hard drive Not recognized: The device I am trying to install is an external hard drive I purchased from thee MAC store Backup Plus Portable Drive. I have tried all three methods stated above and non of them worked for me. In particular in regards to method 3 I have downloaded and installed the...
  8. Seagate external drive recognized by device manager but not disk management

Seagate external drive recognized by device manager but not disk management: Hello I have a 4 TB seagate imagepro external harddrive which I have been using for about two years. Every time I plugged it in I would get a message saying there are problems with the drive and I always ignored it. Finally I chose the option to scan and repair. While this...
  9. external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive not recognized: I had storage spaces From windows 8.1 that computer went down I moved Storage spaces to another computer. windows 10 machine. Everything works. I was able to Copy those files to another drives. now I want to reuse those drives but only let me rename it not to remove. I...
  10. external hard drive not recognized

external hard drive not recognized: I have two Western Digital 300GB, USB3, external drives. Suddenly both are not recognized by Windows. 1) Neither appear as a drive in File Explorer 2) Device Manager reports that the "device is working properly", and the drivers are up to date. There is a message in...