Windows 10: Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed

Discus and support Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day, 2 days ago my windows10 laptop started freezing.Earlier too it had micro freezes. I ran memtest86 on the 8gb ram, it had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by G.Dosh, Jun 22, 2021.

1. G.Dosh Win User

Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed

Good day, 2 days ago my windows10 laptop started freezing.Earlier too it had micro freezes. I ran memtest86 on the 8gb ram, it had no error. I booted into safe mode via msconfig and tried to run sfc /scannow . It failed after verification 100% - "WRP could not perform the requested operation."I ran chkdsk, but it didn't find anything bad. I again tried to run sfc scan but it failed. I then tried to run Malwarebytes scan and the whole thing just froze. I had to

:)

G.Dosh, Jun 22, 2021

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Failed to perform Startup Repair, and failed Windows Updates

Hi Anjana,

As per the description, I suggest that you download Windows 10 ISO image, and create a Media Creation Tool. Once done perform Startup Repair through the tool.

To download the ISO click on the link below and refer to the section Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Download Windows 10

Once done, follow the steps below to perform Startup Repair

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed

Automatic repair not working

Hello,

Incidents like this can really cause some issues to your device. When Windows encounters a system failure such as this, it will try to repair itself. In instances that the system fails to restore itself, we do recommend that you create a Windows 10 installation
    media using a USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file just like the suggestion that you are getting using a disc. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Download an ISO image of Windows 10 using the media creation tool from a different user account or PC. Click on this link to download
      the installation media.
    • On the same link, expand and follow the instructions from the second option: Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.
    • Insert the installation DVD or USB flash drive and boot Windows 10 using it.

Do not hesitate to inform us if the suggested workaround did not resolve the issue.

Regene Jos, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed

1. Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed - Similar Threads - Windows10 repair using

2. I downloaded windows repair iso on a USB drive , but whenever I try to use it to repair my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I downloaded windows repair iso on a USB drive , but whenever I try to use it to repair my...: I downloaded repair iso through media creation but when I plug the USB into my pc there's no repair options to use it it just says continue and exit to windows 10, turn off your PC, use a device, and troubleshoot, and when I click troubleshoot it only says startup settings...
  3. I downloaded windows repair iso on a USB drive , but whenever I try to use it to repair my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded windows repair iso on a USB drive , but whenever I try to use it to repair my...: I downloaded repair iso through media creation but when I plug the USB into my pc there's no repair options to use it it just says continue and exit to windows 10, turn off your PC, use a device, and troubleshoot, and when I click troubleshoot it only says startup settings...
  4. I downloaded windows repair iso on a USB drive , but whenever I try to use it to repair my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Infinite repair loop with ISO USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Infinite repair loop with ISO USB.: Can't reset or repair; immediately fails, reverts changes and reboots back to advanced options.I have no backup images or system restore points.In CMD, all sfc and dism commands fail. Gives errors 6 and 50, can't write to drive. Disabled auto recovery, recovery screen says...
  6. Windows 10 Infinite repair loop with ISO USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Infinite repair loop with ISO USB.: Can't reset or repair; immediately fails, reverts changes and reboots back to advanced options.I have no backup images or system restore points.In CMD, all sfc and dism commands fail. Gives errors 6 and 50, can't write to drive. Disabled auto recovery, recovery screen says...
  7. Windows 10 Infinite repair loop with ISO USB.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 20H2 ISO , Windows10 ?

20H2 ISO , Windows10 ?: . 1511, 1607, 1709, 1803 20H2 .PMS 20H2 ISO ISO . , Windows 10 1511, 1607, 1709, 1803, 1909 20H2 ISO ? .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2%EB%A1%9C/2d500ac2-21b6-469b-ac5d-4e101da1224d
  9. Fail to boot into windows10 creation usb

Fail to boot into windows10 creation usb: Hi I'm trying to fresh install windows 10 on a new samsung ssd for an old pc with Gigabyte MA790GPT-UD3H motherboard. I created the usb installation media and verified that it worked on another newer Dell pc. But when used on the target PC above, after choosing boot from...
  10. Copying ISO to USB fails!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying ISO to USB fails!: Help Redditors! I’m hoping you guys can help me figure out an issue I keep running into... I’m trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo U510 Ideapad via USB boot. I’m using a Mac to create the USB containing my Windows 10 ISO (I’ve actually tried two...