Windows 10: WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo

Discus and support WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All , I restarted a functional Windows10 PC in safe-mode and thereafter cannot get past the Windows login. PC reboots fine, it is in safe-mode, and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaveDDDDDDDDDD, Aug 11, 2019.

1. WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo

Hi All ,

I restarted a functional Windows10 PC in safe-mode and thereafter cannot get past the Windows login. PC reboots fine, it is in safe-mode, and once Windows starts and brings me to my user login window it will not accept my PIN. I receive the message "The password is incorrect, Try again." The pin is being entered correct, I can see what I typed using reveal eyeball, it is just not accepting the PIN code. The PC is not connected to the internet, I can see this on the login window, the internet connection icon indicates no connection. Modem is working fine, all other devices on internet modem working. PC is connected to internet box via ethernet cable. I have tried the recommended SHIFT-RESTART options in an attempt to get it out of safemode, but windows repeatedly takes me to the username window and asks for my Microsoft account password, which is correct but it will not accept. I changed the password via Laptop connecting to Microsoft just to make certain I had a simpler password I could enter quickly and know for certain. Absolutely will not accept PIN or Password. I tried the below steps, but again, I get the prompt to enter Username and account password, so cannot get beyond that.

Follow the below steps:-

1) Press Shift and Restart from the power icon (together)

2) Select Troubleshoot.

3) Go to Advanced Options.

4) Select Command Prompt.

5) Type "net user Administrator /active:yes"

6) Hit Enter.

I do have a Windows10 restore USB key I made a few months back. I also two weeks ago created a system image of all my files on all discs and backed disc image to an external 4TB USB and Windows then burned the DVD-CD disc. I have a working laptop that could connect to PC. I have a working android phone.

I'm stumped as to how to get past the Windows password and PIN prompts. Another paradox is I need to get into WIndows to turn on connection to internet and apparently cannot login without internet.

System:
    Windows10 Professional - current build with automatic update turned ON
    HPZ820 - Intel Xeons
    SSD boot drive

:)

DaveDDDDDDDDDD, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2019
  4. WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo

Can't login in safemode windows 10

Hello

When I bought my pc I connected it to my Microsoft account. Soon I switched login method from password to number code. This worked fine for long time.

Today when I wanted to restart the pc on safemode, it required password instead of number code. I expected that it is the Microsoft account password which I use in email as well. It didn't work.

Furthermore I restarted the pc in safemode without Internet access. I changed restart to safemode with Internet access. However it doesn't recognise my Internet wire. Only WiFi connections though I haven't had any problems earlier either with the wire,
    nor Internet (WiFi is connected through same router and works fine)

So although I have changed my Microsoft password, it doesn't update it on the pc.

So I have only access to the login screen and the (hold sift and restart) menu.

TapioMustonen, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo

1. WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo - Similar Threads - WIndows10 Safemode Login

2. Files stuck in Mac limbo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files stuck in Mac limbo: My MacBook died suddenly. I had to switch to a Windows 10 PC. How do I get my files off the Mac-formatted standalone hard drives? I'm not very computer savvy -- hence my situation -- so keep that in mind as you reply. Thanks! #MacBookPro #ThinkPad #formatting submitted...
  3. Login password in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login password in safemode: Hi all, Yesterday I had a keyboard error. Started the laptop in safe mode but was unaware that I would need to use my Microsoft password, rather than the usual login pin. I have no idea what that password is, I have tried everything I can think of but with no success. I...
  4. windows10 pro login issue

windows10 pro login issue: accidentally deleted my own user account, also disabled the administrator account, can't log back in to windows 10 pro anymore, just looking at the sign in page for administrator, can't log in since it is disabled. Need a big help!! greatly appreciated!!!!...
  5. Login in Windows10

Login in Windows10: I am the sole user of my Laptop PC and the sole administrator. I do not need the security of a "Password" when I boot up for a new session or revive from sleep. How do I remove this impediment and speed up access to a session?...
  6. No login screen in Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No login screen in Windows10: Since I did a Windows 10 update on 17 Aug I have been unable to get the login screen on my desktop. I have tried a few things to fix it but nothing works. Does anyone know a fix or should a future Microsoft update resolve the problem? Thanks....
  7. WINDOWS10 LOGIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS10 LOGIN: I have a PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 and both linked to the same MS account. Until recently they both has the same Windows 10 login password - which is DIFFERENT from my MS Account password. Suddenly, the PC has decided to insist that I login using my MS...
  8. Password, Login to Windows10

Password, Login to Windows10: I have been using Windows 10 for about a year. When I set it up, it gave me the option to use a number code for login, which I set and use. However, I am concerned that if I ever need to do something that requires the original password, I am in trouble because I can't find...
  9. Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct

Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct: I was trying to uninstall avast the other day, when I noticed that not all of avast's components were completely gone. I downloaded and attempted to begin to use the avastclear utility to uninstall it. Upon starting the application, I was told it needed to go to safemode. It...
  10. Windows10 hangs up on login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 hangs up on login: I'm running Windows 10 on an Asus ROG laptop. Suddenly it's hanging up after login -- the circle goes round and round and the desktop never loads. I've tried troubleshooting in safe mode, but it says nothing's wrong. Please help. Edited to say it's now loaded but it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. limbo mode Windows Phone