Windows 10: Windows10 says speakers not plugged in but they are and used to work

Discus and support Windows10 says speakers not plugged in but they are and used to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 says my speakers are not plugged in but they are and they are working. Last time I used them was about 2 weeks ago. What do I have to do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arlenecr, Feb 9, 2020.

1. arlenecr Win User

Windows10 says speakers not plugged in but they are and used to work

Windows 10 says my speakers are not plugged in but they are and they are working. Last time I used them was about 2 weeks ago. What do I have to do to get Windows 10 to recognize the speakers?

:)

arlenecr, Feb 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 saying speakers "Not Plugged In"

Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 fairly recently. Shortly after that I bought a GTX 1070 and put it in my machine. I also swapped one of my monitors from DVI to HDMI with the switch. As soon as I turned on my PC I had all sorts of system crashes and my speakers stopped working, always coming up as "Not Plugged In" even though they were. I finally had to reinstall Windows 10 and that has solved every issue except the speakers. Windows continues to tell me that they are not plugged in when they are. They are analog and I plug them into the correct lime green port. I plugged them into my phone and they worked fine. Windows has no problems detecting my USB headset as well.

I have tried:
    • Multiple driver updates, rollbacks, uninstalls, reinstalls
    • Messed with every setting I could in the Realtek HD Audio Manager
    • Plugged speakers into both audio jacks on my machine
    • Double-checking that everything was plugged in properly for it on the motherboard

I am just out of ideas at this point. Any help would be appreciated. At this point I'm wondering if the motherboard's sound card just broke or that the HDMI cable screwed it up.

Citizen Krang, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Feb 9, 2020
  4. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows10 says speakers not plugged in but they are and used to work - Similar Threads - Windows10 says speakers

2. Speaker says not plugged in after resetting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker says not plugged in after resetting windows: Before i reset my pc it was still available but after i reset my pc it says that its not plugged in and i cant seem find a way to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-says-not-plugged-in-after-resetting/684d17fb-a368-4fbe-8ae2-586db288ec55
  3. Speaker says not plugged in after resetting windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker says not plugged in after resetting windows: Before i reset my pc it was still available but after i reset my pc it says that its not plugged in and i cant seem find a way to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-says-not-plugged-in-after-resetting/684d17fb-a368-4fbe-8ae2-586db288ec55
  4. Speaker says not plugged in after resetting windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!: Hello,Recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 11. And now when I unplug my headphones, it is showing 'no output devices found', but when i plug-in, my headphones audio is working. Few days before it was working fine but now i'm facing this problem. Plz help....
  6. Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!: Hello,Recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 11. And now when I unplug my headphones, it is showing 'no output devices found', but when i plug-in, my headphones audio is working. Few days before it was working fine but now i'm facing this problem. Plz help....
  7. speakers not working... if any headsets plugged in it works normally

speakers not working... if any headsets plugged in it works normally: speakers dont work after upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working-if-any-headsets-plugged-in-it/9d00625c-95ac-4c71-a1b6-97936e9e168a
  8. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  9. Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.: I use a little RCA W1013DK for my college studies. Earlier on today for some odd reason my internal speakers stopped working. So after hours of checking privacy options, resetting services, going through trouble shoots, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I plugged my...
  10. Windows 10 saying speakers "Not Plugged In"

Windows 10 saying speakers "Not Plugged In": Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 fairly recently. Shortly after that I bought a GTX 1070 and put it in my machine. I also swapped one of my monitors from DVI to HDMI with the switch. As soon as I turned on my PC I had all sorts of system crashes and my speakers stopped...