Windows 10: Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging

Discus and support Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] hi everyone. as the title suggest, my laptop's battery is is not working/charging. and I'm not sure whether battery's dead or the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mechanical_bond, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging

Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging 7157QAld9W1gZW2nfRo-9ikuGF0tNYg0jyr_s1zmYeg.jpg

hi everyone. as the title suggest, my laptop's battery is is not working/charging. and I'm not sure whether battery's dead or the problem is something else.

just up till few days back, battery backup was decent (an hour of video playback or few hours of normal web browsing etc), compared to the its age (6-7 years).

but suddenly 2-3 days ago, when i started the laptop (it did not start without charger plugged in), the battery tab showed 0% (check image attached) and the charge % did not increased in time being. and this has been the case ever since. so basically I guess battery is not charging.

https://preview.redd.it/t6lndic6zit...bp&s=b99be2b81c855e632d2a951422f27c4b1e5f74b6

I have tried some basic trial and errors such as removing the battery and uninstalling/reinstalling battery drivers. i have also generated battery report (image attached).

https://preview.redd.it/05pns019zit...bp&s=146264acbae1a8c9106b83b8bcf65e839a584b79

any suggestions/instructions would be helpful. thanks!

https://preview.redd.it/eobmk8b1zit...bp&s=c4f9a5f19923c8e39aafb76400db94b94fd779ca

submitted by /u/mechanical_bond
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mechanical_bond, Apr 18, 2020
  2. kdpohl1 Win User

sony vaio laptop battery

I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 ---
    the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which is the sheet battery) searching for new hardware does not show anything --- device manager does not show the extended battery. There was not message during the upgrade about it..
    any ideas ?
    thanks
    Karl

kdpohl1, Apr 18, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to fix sony vaio laptop battery.

This can be caused by a software (driver) issue or a hardware issue . . .

• Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)
    • Expand the batteries section and look for 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery'
    • Right click this device and select 'Uninstall'
    • Shut your laptop down
    • If possible remove the battery and the power supply
    • Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
    • Put the battery back into your laptop and also the power supply
    • Start your laptop and check to see if it is detected and charging

Otherwise, your battery may be at the end of its life, you can check this in Sony Diagnostics:

Open the VAIO Care™ utility this will launch the Troubleshooting utility

Go to System Care - Troubleshooting - Diagnostics

Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging cf678220-1f20-43ac-9b09-02d593284046.jpg

DaveM121, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging

Battery stops charging at 50%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, Windows 10, the battery charges to 50% then stops charging. It displays 'plugged in, not charging'. Any suggestions how to deal with this problem?

CetinElmas, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging

1. Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging - Similar Threads - Windows10 Sony vaio

2. Forgot admin password for my Sony Vaio laptop with windows10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot admin password for my Sony Vaio laptop with windows10: Hello, hello, hello . . .Have not used my SONY VAIO in 1year and have forgotten password. I do not have a recovery disc. Is there a way I can reset the password without a recovery disc? Thanks....
  3. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  4. Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop: I have this problem with my laptop , it doesnt want to install Windows 10 even from a Disc or USB installation , I tried booting it also but it doesnt it just goes blank then shows little dots on the screen...
  5. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  6. VAIO Sony laptop Crashed/Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VAIO Sony laptop Crashed/Windows 10: Hello, I’ve been trying for 3 weeks to reset my computer to factory settings, after it crashed when I tried to load the my computer from “sleep mode”. I’ve done everything in F3 or F2, and the only thing that occurred from it was I lost My operating system, which is Windows...
  7. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  8. Sony vaio starting problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sony vaio starting problem: I have a prolem when starting my vaio sony, shows this screen only with no any solution, please help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-starting-problem/3096e97d-c9f4-49d6-9b61-6b20147c4935
  9. Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP: can i upgrade my Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP to windows 10 without a problem please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-pcg-6qpp/ec391bbd-e13f-4090-90f1-44fed163bdd2
  10. sony vaio laptop battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery not detected sony vaio