Windows 10: WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only

Discus and support WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For whatever reason...now every window in the background/minimized or other wise is still playing sound/music...its maddening. I want the active/open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stevecramer2, Apr 18, 2021.

1. WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only

For whatever reason...now every window in the background/minimized or other wise is still playing sound/music...its maddening. I want the active/open window to be ready to work as normal. I surely don't want other windows 'wanting' my attention. I've had three 3 windows all playing at the same time..its driving me crazy.

I simply want the 'OPEN' and active screen playing...not anything else, I can't do three things at once.

Thank you, Stephen

P.S. Windows10 20H2 OS build 19042-928

:)

stevecramer2, Apr 18, 2021
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Apr 18, 2021
  3. windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Apr 18, 2021
  4. I2Believe Win User

WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only

Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only

1. WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only - Similar Threads - WIndows10 sound music

2. Downloaded music not opening in sound editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded music not opening in sound editor: If I play the song it will work fine but when I try to open it in an external editor it will either be blank or broken. Is this an intent to protect authors and their music from being remixed or did I download some audio from some **** website?...
  3. Downloaded music not opening in sound editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded music not opening in sound editor: If I play the song it will work fine but when I try to open it in an external editor it will either be blank or broken. Is this an intent to protect authors and their music from being remixed or did I download some audio from some **** website?...
  4. Bluetooth Device only used for music.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device only used for music.: [ATTACH] I bought Bluetooth headphones to make music. Whilst playing things like Minecraft or Roblox, the sounds are on the computer, not the headphones. How do I make it so ALL sound is on the headphones?...
  5. Only groove music has Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only groove music has Sound: Just bought my laptop and everything was working fine, system sounds and everything. Once I installed all the driver updates and also the latest Windows Update, only Groove Music has sound. I tried opening the same song with another app but no sound. I tried playing a Video...
  6. Windows10 is activated using your organization's activation service.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 is activated using your organization's activation service.: So i bought a pc and it came with with windows activated with organizations activation service. So the question i want to ask: if i purchase a retailnot oem license key from a retailer and update my product key, will it work? will i be able to move the license to the other...
  7. Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds: Hi everyone! I recently bought a Windows gaming laptop (MSI), my first ever. I have used Windows before, but that laptop had broken and I replaced it with a Macbook (for school, it's lightweight). So fair to say I've been out of the game for a while. I have this huge...
  8. Sound and Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Music: How to stop the sound playing cards while I have my music on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-and-music/3b974656-181f-4564-bd17-462ce4d43042
  9. Sound and Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Music: How to stop the sound playing cards while I have my music on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/sound-and-music/3b974656-181f-4564-bd17-462ce4d43042
  10. Sound Echo using windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Echo using windows10: I'm using windows 10. I don't know how to fix the echo/noise in my laptop, when I unplug the microphone, there is this irritating noise and there is also a time that noise occurs even plugging the microphone. In the sound setting,there is no equilizer/echo etc unlike when I...