Windows 10: Windows10 stutter on idle after edge closed

Discus and support Windows10 stutter on idle after edge closed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys. I am running into a weird issue on windows 10 1803. I own asus b250m-k motherboard and used it with integrated graphics hd530 on i7 6700k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Savas1303, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Savas1303 Win User

Windows10 stutter on idle after edge closed

Hello guys. I am running into a weird issue on windows 10 1803. I own asus b250m-k motherboard and used it with integrated graphics hd530 on i7 6700k cpu earlier, and everything was working as expected till i install a new nvidia gtx1070 graphic card. Afrer installing the video card i experienced some kind of stuttering while on desktop on idle for example right clicking on desktop and refreshing animations cant correctly trace the mouse movements it is laggy, for the moment i solved it by not using edge browser if i run once the edge everything is working well as long as i keep it open on background. if i close edge desktop goes stuttering but if i restart windows explorer exe on task manager everything goes back to normal. I also experienced that if gfe installed the method wont help i mentioned above so i dont use gfe for the moment. All drivers are up to date. Made a clean windows installation made every possible scanning on the system nothing helped else than the method i apply above. All games and applications perfectly running.

:)

Savas1303, Oct 11, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Computer stutters after closing a window with "x" button.

Every single program, not only edge, that has a window close "X" has this stutter. Even window explorer.

Eduardo_Leal, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows10 stutter on idle after edge closed - Similar Threads - Windows10 stutter idle

2. bsod after closing microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod after closing microsoft edge: I updated my OS to Win 11 a few days ago, and recently I have been getting blue screens right after I close Microsoft Edge, and all the blue screens said the stop code was ntoskrnl.exe. I tried using PC repair tools and other things I found on youtube but none of them worked....
  3. bsod after closing microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod after closing microsoft edge: I updated my OS to Win 11 a few days ago, and recently I have been getting blue screens right after I close Microsoft Edge, and all the blue screens said the stop code was ntoskrnl.exe. I tried using PC repair tools and other things I found on youtube but none of them worked....
  4. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering after closing fullscreen application: I have dual monitors and when I close a full-screen application games, most often my primary monitor has heavy stuttering. I have updated all drivers, tried new cords, tried swapping cords, checking refresh rates. The problem goes away if I change the refresh rate of the...
  5. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering after closing fullscreen application: I have dual monitors and when I close a full-screen application games, most often my primary monitor has heavy stuttering. I have updated all drivers, tried new cords, tried swapping cords, checking refresh rates. The problem goes away if I change the refresh rate of the...
  6. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

7. Edge Closes after opening

Edge Closes after opening: I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed all Extensions Reinstalled Edge using Powershell Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app...
  8. programs closing automatically after being idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs closing automatically after being idle: I have been told there is a setting to change within Windows 10 to stop programs that we keep open from automatically closing after they have been idle for a while. Can someone walk me through these settings?...
  9. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  10. edge twitch stuttering

in Browsers and Email
    edge twitch stuttering: i wanted to switch to edge fro chrome but stuttering is killing me while in chrome it works fine tried check/uncheck hardware acceleration under internet options but it doesn't help...Why oh Why something has to not work.. edit:nvm i have win 10 pro n version without media...