Windows 10: Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right...

Discus and support Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EdgyD3ATH [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EdgyD3ATH, May 7, 2020.

1. Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right...

/u/EdgyD3ATH, May 7, 2020
  2. Tom Kunzo Win User

System Restore & Backup For Windows10

What I mean is that in Windows7 there is a facility for auto-backup at certain dates (especially when Windows performs an update) from where one can restore the system to an earlier and trouble free state.

I noticed that there is no such auto system in Windows10.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, May 7, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, May 7, 2020
  4. Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right...

System Restore & Backup For Windows10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

In Windows 10, we can create a system restore point and can go back to the created restore point if PC got corrupted.

You can follow the steps below to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally.

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.
    • Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    For additional information refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right...

1. Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right... - Similar Threads - Windows10 system restore

2. i have a problem about my windows 11, i think my BCD is totally broken, i used all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a problem about my windows 11, i think my BCD is totally broken, i used all the...: i used all the troubleshoot that i read here but no progress .*fileBCD can't restore, can't rebuild, can't create*bootrec /scanOS can't identified a windows*SSD appeared in BIOS but not in diskpart*load drivers need to browse thru RST to unhide the partition*others people...
  3. My cmd is broken i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cmd is broken i think: C:\Windows\system32>Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentcleanup Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19045.3393 And it is just there, nothing....
  4. My cmd is broken i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cmd is broken i think: C:\Windows\system32>Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentcleanup Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19045.3393 And it is just there, nothing....
  5. My cmd is broken i think

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Have I deleted all of my files for good or can I restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have I deleted all of my files for good or can I restore?: I'm hoping someone has a solution because I'm one step away from putting my head in the oven which when you've read this you'll understand is where it belongs. My OneDrive has been full for months, I don't bother too much with this because I have a backup connected to my...
  7. All my drives are System Reserved i think

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my drives are System Reserved i think: Hello, Im trying to mod my games, but somehow i cant.First, i didnt know why. Eventually i realized, that all my drives have system Files on them. Is that the reason i cant mod the games? i heard, that games in system files are unmoddable. I hope someone can help me with...
  8. I think my battery is broken.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think my battery is broken.: My battery icon does its charging animation for a bit and then stops after a couple seconds of it and my battery hasn't been able to reach 100% all week. It just says my battery percentage and plugged in and i'm not sure about this but i feel like its missing the ", charging"...
  9. i think my pc is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    i think my pc is broken: 0x80072676 (0x80070032) could not find the recover enviroment mycombobject.dll failed to load i got all those issues and more how could i fix them email me on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i need help so bad so pls help me microsoft i have tried everything i...
  10. I think my laptop is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think my laptop is broken.: Hello, My Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop is stuck in a boot loop. I cannot access the login screen. I have tried to do a hard reset but it just goes back to the 'Recovering your previous version of windows' loop. I encountered this when I had an update, the...