Windows 10: Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured.

Discus and support Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Thanks in advance for all your help. Somehow I've messed up the way the task bar is displayed. I now have a text string after the app icon - partial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PFStubbs, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PFStubbs Win User

Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Somehow I've messed up the way the task bar is displayed. I now have a text string after the app icon - partial with a string of periods after an abbreviated description of each browser/ application. In addition the start button is just barely visible on the left. The application icons and some general function icons look to me as though they're occupying more horizontal space than they used to. In some cases, my app screens take up more horizontal space than used to.

Any help will be greatly!! appreciated.

Pat Stubbs

:)

PFStubbs, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 24, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured. prob.jpg

psyko12, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured.

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured. - Similar Threads - Windows10 Taskbar display

2. Taskbar icons too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons too big: Hi how can i make the icons on the taskbar smaller that 100% It too big for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-too-big/1da51358-a31a-43e5-86cf-f6ed5bad50b4
  3. Taskbar icons too small

Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  4. Text too big for icons and in programs

Text too big for icons and in programs: The text size has just randomly enlarged for all my files and folders and in programmes such as Microsoft Word: the ribbon/toolbar at the top of a Word document has enlarged. The text written on internet tabs as well ahs got bigger. In settings: I have changed display...
  5. Icon text on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon text on Taskbar: [ATTACH] Maybe a bit of a niche question but is there any way to remove the white textbox that appears next to taskbar icons like in the image. I want to keep the icons exactly as they are but just remove the white box and text as it happens when I slightly brush over an...
  6. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...
  7. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...
  8. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  9. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  10. Start Icon Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Icon Display: First time user! I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 10 as well as my desktop PC also running Windows 10. When I click on the Start button on my laptop I get countless icons in the display screen. Icons for such items as Task Scheduler, Resource Monitor,...