Windows 10: Windows10 typing glitch

Discus and support Windows10 typing glitch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I search or type something in Microsoft edge, it will highlight the words and deletes everything I'm typing, and suggests a web address. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Microsoftuser_958, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Windows10 typing glitch

Every time I search or type something in Microsoft edge, it will highlight the words and deletes everything I'm typing, and suggests a web address. It has been happening for a week and I am still trying to find solutions for this problem. I have uninstalled and updated drivers, I have also troubleshot, backed up my files, and deleted all my files in case if it was a virus. but nothing seems to work. I typed this in notepad just so I could type without any interruptions. This only happens in Microsoft edge, google, and word. Any ideas?

:)

Microsoftuser_958, Dec 15, 2020

2. WIndows 10 Typing glitch

Hi Charity,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused. Let me help you resolve the issue.

Please share the following details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Since when did the issue started happening?

• Have you made any changes in the settings prior to the issue?

• Have you tried typing in MS Word? What is the status?

• Can you see any error message or error code on the screen?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Reinstall the keyboard drivers

Steps to uninstall and reinstall driver.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the keyboard drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Method 2: Run hardware troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control
      panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

4. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows10 typing glitch

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 typing glitch

1. Windows10 typing glitch - Similar Threads - Windows10 typing glitch

2. my lapt9op keyb9oar glitch when i type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my lapt9op keyb9oar glitch when i type: if y9ou c9oul n9ot tell fr9om thi/+s me/+s/+sage when i type in letter/+s like /+s it c9ome/+s up like thi/+s 9or when i click 9o it/+s like thi/+s n9ow my lapt9op keyb9oar ha/+s been glitche bef9ore /+s can /+s9omeb9o4y pl/+s help1\/...
  3. my lapt9op keyb9oar glitch when i type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my lapt9op keyb9oar glitch when i type: if y9ou c9oul n9ot tell fr9om thi/+s me/+s/+sage when i type in letter/+s like /+s it c9ome/+s up like thi/+s 9or when i click 9o it/+s like thi/+s n9ow my lapt9op keyb9oar ha/+s been glitche bef9ore /+s can /+s9omeb9o4y pl/+s help1\/...
  4. Freezing screen with some type visual glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing screen with some type visual glitch: At random times when I use my laptop, my screen freezes and the screen looks like this. It happens several times a day on averagehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!At8R_K21-JsJhCkBhRRezewI2AN3?e=ABD8GT...
  5. Freezing screen with some type visual glitch

Freezing screen with some type visual glitch: At random times when I use my laptop, my screen freezes and the screen looks like this. It happens several times a day on averagehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!At8R_K21-JsJhCkBhRRezewI2AN3?e=ABD8GT...
  6. Freezing screen with some type visual glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio/video glitching windows10 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio/video glitching windows10 1909: So after many failed attempts at windows trying to update itself from 1803 I took to these forums for a solution. First port of call was a bigger ssd for my os, cloned successfully still no luck updating. Next was software distribution delete, scnnow, and a bunch of other...
  8. Windows10 file directory with .MOD file type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 file directory with .MOD file type: I have a directory with around 200 .mod files which I have associated with WinRAR to open. They are compressed files witch contain configurations in .xml. I'm having a problem where the refresh of the folder takes forever, just because they are .mod files. Is there anything I...
  9. Typing glitch uninstall keyboard fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing glitch uninstall keyboard fix: Further more, by uninstalling the keyboard option, when windows 10 prompts to restart to make the changes, my keyboard is no longer able to log me in with my password, bravo you idiot, what sort of idiots work at microsoft. Now I can not shut down or I will be locked out of...
  10. Typing glitch problem? windows 10

Typing glitch problem? windows 10: why does this text glitch happen on my browsers ? no long an issue 48154