Windows 10: Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen

Discus and support Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Sirs, Due to software hangs, I was forced to power off the computer completely. It is unable to boot up again since then showing a blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngusTsang, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen

Dear Sirs,

Due to software hangs, I was forced to power off the computer completely. It is unable to boot up again since then showing a blue screen mentioning stop code of "unmountable boot volume". My questions:

(1) how can I recover from this problem?

(2) I did not backup my files and data before. They are located in Desktop, other file locations in C drive, including email files for Microsoft exchange. Are these going to be affected during this process?

(3) Any suggestion how can I do a backup for them before doing a full recovery just in case?

Thanks a lot.

:)

AngusTsang, Nov 24, 2018
  2. rabella Win User

Windows--stopcode--unmountable boot volume

laptop--HP 2000-2a53CA--came w Win7--now Win 10-----just reformared,slow,turning off etc

updates attempting to download--unable to fully download---this occured 3-4 times

currently, power on--blue screen--stopcode--"unmountable boot volume"----then3-4 sec., light grey blank screen.

New to this---dont know how to navigate---if any help--baby talk--no clingon or Sheldon & group talk.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rabella, Nov 24, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unmountable Boot Volume

Unmountable boot volume usually means a bad hard drive. Booting the XP CD and running chkdsk will sometime bring the computer back to life for a while, but eventually the drive will die.

newtekie1, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen

1. Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen - Similar Threads - Windows10 unable boot

2. blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume: Hi! i own a hp elite book 4g/6g . recently it has been facing some problems with its battery it turns off without any warning. The laptop had a problem before it used to blue screen so fast i could not see it but after a few months when i restarted it i saw it, and them the...
  3. It's showing blue screen and saying unmounted boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's showing blue screen and saying unmounted boot volume: It's showing unmounted boot volume with blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-showing-blue-screen-and-saying-unmounted-boot/0a4a8a8c-70df-4ad8-a21d-6ec8edd6e797
  4. Windows keeps restarting. Stopcode: Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps restarting. Stopcode: Unmountable boot volume: As my laptop required...I click on restart and update and then it comes with blue screen error and not able to reach login screen.Its like my laptop keep restarting showing like -Your device ran into a problem and need ro restart. We'll restart for you. Please help me how to...
  5. Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME": I'm stuck on this windows "winpeshl.exe" but when I close it restarts the blue screen after that it does it again with that windows. I can't type anything in it.Advance repair options don't work because as I try to open it, there is a black screen and my cursor is visible...
  6. Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME": I'm stuck on this windows "winpeshl.exe" but when I close it restarts the blue screen after that it does it again with that windows. I can't type anything in it.Advance repair options don't work because as I try to open it, there is a black screen and my cursor is visible...
  7. Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error: Hi, When I recently tried to restart my computer, it restarted, but the lockscreen froze. I turned it off, then powered it back on again, and I received a message saying 'Your PC ran into a problem' with the stopcode: Unmountable boot volume. It then straight away heads to...
  8. BLUE SCREEN BSOD - Unmountable Boot Volume

BLUE SCREEN BSOD - Unmountable Boot Volume: PC SPECS: OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education, 64 bit Processor: i5 7th Gen Total Physical RAM: 16 GB I'm using a Hailan All-in-one PC, just bought a few months ago. Problem: I used the PC perfectly okay the same day it went blue screen. After about 5 hours since...
  9. Blue Screen of Death | UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

Blue Screen of Death | UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME: [ATTACH]Recently, I have been plagued with the Blue Screen of Death for different error codes every time. I think my (C:) Drive has been damaged. But, today, I started my computer. It was normal, but right before the login screen showed up, BOOM! The Blue Screen of Death. I...
  10. blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume

blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume: I have a blue screen error, Unmountable Boot Volume, and trouble shooting hasn't work. Turning laptop on and off a couple of times gets me to "automatic fix" is being prepared, but then the screen goes gray with only cursor showing. Ideas?...