Windows 10: Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I...

Discus and support Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows restarted my computer with no warning and attempted to install the update last week.. Now, I have to wait until it reinstalls the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillSmith54, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I...

Windows restarted my computer with no warning and attempted to install the update last week.. Now, I have to wait until it reinstalls the update whenever I reboot. All my files have been hidden by this. It would be nice if Microsoft had a warning on this. I tried to use system restore and it said it was more than 10 days since the update was downloaded. None of my restore points worked, but I figured it was worth a try.

This update, at least what I ended up with, deletes everything, like passwords or user names and favorites when it does the reinstall.

What I want is to either be able to rollback to the previous version or delete what I have to, to get it to reinstall correctly so I get my programs and files back.

Thank you,

Bill

:)

BillSmith54, Sep 21, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I... :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Sep 21, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 21, 2019
  4. sammy Win User

Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I...

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I...

1. Windows10 update keeps reinstalling every time I reboot. It also eliminates any work I... - Similar Threads - Windows10 update keeps

2. Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...: Windows update keeps trying to install Windows 11, version 23H2. I was on insider until recently and looking at my history, Windows 11, version 23H2 was already installed back in September. This latest install goes through the download and then installs up to about 30-40%...
  3. Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...: Windows update keeps trying to install Windows 11, version 23H2. I was on insider until recently and looking at my history, Windows 11, version 23H2 was already installed back in September. This latest install goes through the download and then installs up to about 30-40%...
  4. Every time I reboot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I reboot...: Every single time I reboot, my laptop resets itself to the default Windows 10 settings and logs me out of OneDrive, I have to set up my Outlook accounts all over again, I have to change all of my default apps, etc.Help, I'm going crazy with this....
  5. Is there any way I can fix this recurring issue? Every time I reboot I have to reattach all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way I can fix this recurring issue? Every time I reboot I have to reattach all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zsotroav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbj1w2/is_there_any_way_i_can_fix_this_recurring_issue/
  6. My custom cursor keeps reseting every time I reboot

My custom cursor keeps reseting every time I reboot: Does anyone know a fix to this? The cursor is reset until I change any cursor setting, then it comes back to the custom state. However, it's pretty annoying to have to do this every time I restart. submitted by /u/BreaDKatka [link] [comments]...
  7. This message pops up every time i check for updates and my install button also does work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    This message pops up every time i check for updates and my install button also does work...: The pic is below[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-message-pops-up-every-time-i-check-for/93242e12-2f40-4c7b-bc0f-c83178823235
  8. Every time I reboot windows 10 issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I reboot windows 10 issue.: When I get windows updates or have to reboot my pc it looks like my profile is reset. What I mean by this is that I start outlook and it asks me to re-enter my password considering that the remember password is check in the outlook configuration. Also same issue with one...
  9. Windows update service start parameter changes every time I reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update service start parameter changes every time I reboot: Trying to update Minecraft for my little brother. The windows update service was disabled, so Microsoft store downloads wouldn't work. I tried to enable and start the service with the "services" window but I don't have permission. I used registry editor to try and add his...
  10. Windows keeps on updating, and then reverting the update (something failed), every time I...

Windows keeps on updating, and then reverting the update (something failed), every time I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wakils [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0wg1z/windows_keeps_on_updating_and_then_reverting_the/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update kb4486153 0x8024a206

2. windows update failed to complete but left windows redistributable in programs

3. windows reinstalls on every reboot

4. kb4486153 keeps failing,
  5. windows reinstalls every time I reboot