Windows 10: windows10 upgrade issue

Discus and support windows10 upgrade issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded windows10 to upgrade my windows7 ultimate 64bit pc, it installed but for the past 5 hours the welcome screen opens then goes off then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by louisekramer, Nov 14, 2018.

1. windows10 upgrade issue

I downloaded windows10 to upgrade my windows7 ultimate 64bit pc, it installed but for the past 5 hours the welcome screen opens then goes off then comes on etc can anyone help

:)

louisekramer, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Problem upgrading to Windows10 from Windows7 Ultimate

Hi,

This issue may arise due to the corruptions in upgrade components and as an initial troubleshooting step.

I suggest you to run BITS troubleshooter and
    Windows update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Check if issue persists.

Once finished with the BITS troubleshooter, now run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Windows
    Update Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download
    media creation tool
    and install Windows 10 using the tool and see if it helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

windows10 upgrade issue

windows10 upgrade

Hi,

It is possible that the
    drivers are outdated
    and the
    update components
    were corrupted during the update/upgrade. Kindly perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

DISM
    will
    restore any Corrupted System Image
    that causes the
    issues
    on your icons and applications. To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 4: Reset Windows Update
    Components.

For more information and steps regarding on resetting the
    Update Components, kindly refer to
    How do I reset Windows
    Update Components.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

windows10 upgrade issue

1. windows10 upgrade issue - Similar Threads - windows10 upgrade issue

2. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 issues.: It seems windows10 has crashed for some unknown reason, I found all of my settings had changed, desktop, taskbar etc. I reconfigured some of these and when I restarted my laptop they had all change back to what it was on Monday morning. My favourites had also disappeared...
  3. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 issues.: It seems windows10 has crashed for some unknown reason, I found all of my settings had changed, desktop, taskbar etc. I reconfigured some of these and when I restarted my laptop they had all change back to what it was. My favourites had also disappeared along with the...
  4. Windows10 upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows10 upgrade: Hi, I am upgrading my PC to windows10. While upgrading OS administrators and user management will change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-upgrade/d34ff005-ad8d-4c48-ae1e-7a83865a0d4c
  5. Windows10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 Upgrade: The windows 10 upgrade gets stuck on 91% completed. Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-upgrade/13f71c31-ce82-4a95-a207-4d7709288b4a
  6. Windows10 upgrade

Windows10 upgrade: Was upgrading from windows 7 Ultimate was at 27% when got a message "dwn.exe - system error" - went on to say buffer overflow. Would not continue the upgrade - actually froze - and had to revert to Windows 7. Any ideas?...
  7. windows10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10 upgrade: after updating to windows10 from windows7 Im unable to install audio software. drivers install but no software.idt srs control panel, dtx control panel will not install i had to go back to windows7 now they work...
  8. upgrade Windows10

upgrade Windows10: Dear all, I've an ASUS Vivotab 400 with OS Windows 8.1. By downloading and running the Windows 10-upgradeassistant it seems all OK. When installation is ready, it has to restart. but restart is still in Windows 8.1. Who knows what to do? thanks, Herman...
  9. upgradation of windows10 home to windows10 pro

upgradation of windows10 home to windows10 pro: i have windows10 home product key how i upgrade my presnt version to windows10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgradation-of-windows10-home-to-windows10-pro/8abe0aab-b2cb-48ae-a96f-669e9ad9ec3c
  10. Upgrading Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading Windows10: My Windows10 is currently version 1607 and I would like to upgrade to version 1703 but as a complete novice and 85 years old I am concerned that if I click "Upgrade" I will be faced with a lot of technical jargon to deal with. Is the upgrading difficult or would I be able to...