Windows 10: Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management

Discus and support Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've seen the problem same Jeff mentioned below on the latest Windows10 version when I plug USB flash drive to the HUB that use USB2412 chip. (No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Somsak Lohasat, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management

Hi,
    I've seen the problem same Jeff mentioned below on the latest Windows10 version when I plug USB flash drive to the HUB that use USB2412 chip. (No issue found if direct plug to the host PC).

You can see post from Jeff on below link:

One solution that I've tried and seems the issue was solved is to unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" in HUB Power Management (inside Device Manager, Generic USB Hub) as shown below.

My question is,

1. Why uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" can help to eliminate the above issue?

2. Is there other solution to fix this issue? Does Windows10 have new driver patch to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Somsak

:)

Somsak Lohasat, Feb 21, 2019

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    USB Hub

Hi,

This might be a power setting or driver issue. As an initial workaround, we suggest updating the USB driver and see if it helps. If updating did not work, try rolling the driver back to its previous version before this issue occurred. Follow the steps on
    how to roll back driver:

• On the Search bar or Cortana search, then type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the Human Interface Devices to expand it.
    • Click the driver corresponding to the USB hub that has problem, right-click on it then select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver button to roll back driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Deezel(2) Win User

Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management

USB Hub

Hub is on-line when re-installing drivers, then when PC is shut-down and next time it's started up again USB hub has gone again until drivers are installed again .

This does not happen with the early version of Win 10 i have on another drive , its only after that feature update that this fault happened

Deezel(2), Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management

1. Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management - Similar Threads - Windows10 USB HUB

2. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  3. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  4. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Power Tab for USB Root Hub missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Tab for USB Root Hub missing in Device Manager: Hi AllWhat happened to the 'Power' tab in device manager for USB Root Hubs that showed the connected devices and power drawn by each device?I don't mean the 'Power Management' tab the right-most tab but the 'Power' tab that should be 2nd from the leftWindows 10 Pro 21H1...
  6. USB Hub

USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  7. USB Hub - Powered or not?

USB Hub - Powered or not?: I've run out of USB Ports on my PC, so I'm looking at a 4 port Hub. My question is this: Do I need a powered Hub or non-powered Hub? Devices to be connected to the Hub are Mouse, Keyboard, USB Headphones and phone charging via USB cable. Thanks. 164695
  8. Power management windows10 unreliable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power management windows10 unreliable: 17.4 million hits when you google "windows won't wake up from sleep" and I'm one of them. A problem so old it makes you wonder whether disdain for the customer can reach higher levels. But it can get worse. Power management doesn't even listen to the users' instructions....
  9. Powered USB Hub

Powered USB Hub: Could someone wise please recommend a quality 4 port v3.0 powered USB hub with a UK mains plug PSU? I need it for keyboard, mouse, printer and Saitek X52 Pro joystick - the latter will not work unpowered with the rest. I've had a devil of a time trying to find Best Buy...
  10. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467