Windows 10: Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration

Discus and support Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Now I'm using windows 10 for a long time, but there is always an issue of having a wrong architecture. Like having x32 bit OS architecture but also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClarenceAguimod0519, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration

Now I'm using windows 10 for a long time, but there is always an issue of having a wrong architecture. Like having x32 bit OS architecture but also having a x64 bit CPU.

There are some tutorials for conversion but it involves formatting a drive. If you really need it but without formatting, here are the steps for a dual boot systemx32 bit OS first:

Step 1: Knowing the system requirements.

Every system needs to meet the optimal requirements.

1. Must have a x64 compatible CPU.

2. Must have 25gb partition or more free space.

Also have a 8gb usb stick.

Step 2: Install the iso

link to the installation iso

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

1. Run the file.

2. Accept the terms.

3. Select create installation media.

4. Select the language, and architectureuncheck the recommended settings as it will be like the current settings of your os.

5. Wait until it finishes, then proceed to the next step.

Step 3: Download Rufus.

Download the latest version of Rufus here
    https://rufus.ie/

1. Run Rufus

2. Select the usb device and the installation iso

3. IMPORTANT: MUST be set to MBR partition scheme

4. Then start the process. Wait until it finishes, then proceed to step 4

Step 4: Run the installation.

1. Plug the usb then restart the computer.

2. Press anything on the press any key to run usb device screen .

3. Follow the installation process:

3a. Accept the terms agreement

3b. Select install now 3c. Accept the terms agreement again

3d. Select the empty or unused partition

3e. Wait until it finishes installation. Cortana will guide you through the installation Note: press skip on the product key process, if the win32 os is activated, there is no need for another key

4. Done! Just install the drivers of your pc and your good to go.

This is for everyone who experience compatibility issues with win10 x32

If you have questions, just comment them bellow

:)

ClarenceAguimod0519, Sep 30, 2020

2. dual boot windowss 10 x32 with windows 10 x64

I have upgraded from windows 7 x32 pro to windows 10 x32 pro. The windows 7 was a system builder OEM license.

I want to migrate to an x64 configuration, while keeping my x32 system so I can migrate over time rather than all at once.

I have an extra hard drive for the install in the machine, so it can have its own partition and drive. I have also purchase a new license key for the x64 version.

Are there any gotchas along the way I need to be aware of? Has anyone put a dual boot of win10 x32 and x64 on their system before?

WilliamAllen55, Sep 30, 2020
  3. www111 Win User
    Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64

Dear *,

I have a question regarding an upgrade from windows10 x32 to x64

So I have Acer One 10 with Windows 10 Home x32 installed (German), and the windows is activated with digital license and linked to my hotmail account.

Now i downloaded the windows media creation toll and i want make an installation usb disk with windows 10 x64 (ENG) .

1)

My question is when i do this and install the x64 version. can I then activate the windows10 with the digital licence that is linked to my account ???

2)

I can choose in the media creation toll following editions : windows 10 , windows 10 home single language, windows 10 N.

What is the difference between those versions?

Best Regards.

www111, Sep 30, 2020
  4. panchoman Win User

Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration

Whats the benefit - x32 or x64?

more ram is the main reason for x64, but the x64 os does boot faster then x32.. also be aware that adobe creative suite will not work on x64 (photoshop, premiere, soundbooth, etc.)

panchoman, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration

1. Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration - Similar Threads - Windows10 x32 x64

2. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64: When I purchased an old desktop years ago, it had win7 pro x32. When I went thorough the update, I then got win10 x32. There's no reason that I know of that this machine couldn't be running the x64 version. And given it's old, I would prefer that so I can recognize more...
  3. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64: When I purchased an old desktop years ago, it had win7 pro x32. When I went thorough the update, I then got win10 x32. There's no reason that I know of that this machine couldn't be running the x64 version. And given it's old, I would prefer that so I can recognize more...
  4. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 x32 & x54 Dual-Boot

Windows 10 x32 & x54 Dual-Boot: Dear all, i have one 2TB HDD, and want to install Dual-boot system with Windows 10 x32 and Windows 10 x64 on the same HDD. The motherboard is Intel Desktop Board DZ87KLT-75K Please can you tell what is the procedure, and what to use MBR, GPT, CMS Bios or UEFI Bios? Br....
  6. Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64: i recently reset my computer and i tried to install all by apps and games back and for some reason they are all installing as x32 instead of x64 when my system type is 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Conversion of x64 to x32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conversion of x64 to x32: My system works slow on 64bit computer as the ram is 1.25GB so I want to convert it into 32bit.... Is there any option how I can convert x64 to x32 without using any CD or DVD Plzz help......
  8. Shortcuts confusion - x64/x32

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts confusion - x64/x32: I'd like to create a few shortcuts for a dock I'll be trying out on Windows 10 64-bit for: Notepad Task Manager On my old 32-bit Windows 7 PC, it was simple - just create a shortcut to the exe in the system32 folder. But with 64-bit, I have a system32 and a syswow64...
  9. dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    dual boot configuration: Hello, I have a dual boot configuration with windows 10: C: Win 10 D: Data E: Win 10 for aplication tests How to block disk access from one installation to another? C: can see D: but cannot see and access E: E: cannot see and access C: and D: Thanks 90108
  10. Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64

Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64: Dear *, I have a question regarding an upgrade from windows10 x32 to x64 So I have Acer One 10 with Windows 10 Home x32 installed (German), and the windows is activated with digital license and linked to my hotmail account. Now i downloaded the windows media creation...