Windows 10: Windows10

Discus and support Windows10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I reinstall windows 10 on a new build computer if my old one stops functioning or dies???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Del.Hilt, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Del.Hilt Win User

Windows10

Can I reinstall windows 10 on a new build computer if my old one stops functioning or dies???

:)

Del.Hilt, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 10, 2019
  3. RayBowes Win User
    Windows10 update

Thanks for that Allan it worked exactly as you said (method 1)

Cheers

Ray

RayBowes, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows10

Windows10

Hi Matthew,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

Startup Repair can automatically recover from most BCD problems. If you prefer to manually analyze and repair problems, you can use the command-line tool BootRec.exe by starting the System Recovery tools and then clicking
    Command Prompt in the System Recovery Options dialog box.

BootRec.exe supports the following command-line parameters:

• /FIXMBR The /FIXMBR switch writes an MBR to the system partition.
    • /FIXBOOT The /FIXBOOT switch writes a new boot sector onto the system partition.
    • /SCANOS The /SCANOS switch scans all disks for Windows installations and displays entries currently not in the BCD store.
    • /REBUILDBCD The /REBUILDBCD switch scans all disks for Windows installations and provides a choice of which entries to add to the BCD store.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the repair, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows10

1. Windows10 - Similar Threads - Windows10

2. Desktop Icons size/spacing problem Windows10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons size/spacing problem Windows10.: I was trying to change the size of characters on my screen. After I did it (via settings>display etc) the system corrupted my desktop. The Icons (still the correct dimensions) suddenly took half the width of the screen each see: [ATTACH] AND they were all overlapping at...
  3. windows10 1903 system requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 1903 system requirements: hi all, can anyone share the windows 10 1903 full system requirements for good permanence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-1903-system-requirements/087c7794-aa1d-4e9b-bad1-7cbe0338e604
  4. How to download photos from One Drive into Windows10 Photos, and then custom arrange pics...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to download photos from One Drive into Windows10 Photos, and then custom arrange pics...: I have uploaded IPAD photos to my ONE DRIVE folder, then copied the folder to my Windows 10 Desktop. Then, I have copied the photos into the Windows 10 PHOTO ap, and created an album. When I go to edit the album to custom rearrange the photos, It doesn't save the...
  5. Long delay before usb will respond after August windows10 update

Long delay before usb will respond after August windows10 update: Mouse is working on another computer - batteries are new - drivers are current - I've tried on a different usb on this laptop & there's no difference....
  6. MISE A JOUR WINDOWS10

MISE A JOUR WINDOWS10: Bonjour, Je ne peux pas installer la mise à jour complètement car il est indiqué une incompatibilité avec l'antivirus Avast que j'ai pourtant supprimé de mes applications. J'ai un code d'erreur 0xc1900209 Que puis-je faire? Merci pour votre aide....
  7. No login screen in Windows10

No login screen in Windows10: Since I did a Windows 10 update on 17 Aug I have been unable to get the login screen on my desktop. I have tried a few things to fix it but nothing works. Does anyone know a fix or should a future Microsoft update resolve the problem? Thanks....
  8. problems sending and receiving emails in Windows10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problems sending and receiving emails in Windows10 Mail app: Keep getting messages saying your email settings using Icloud and Gmail require attention. latterly a message saying Windows can not access Gmail. to seek sync approval. The email accounts were all working previously. Using a Toshiba C600 laptop....
  9. Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10: Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT. List of combinations (Not working) : LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN...
  10. Why would a new pc with Windows10 come with Trend Micro Antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why would a new pc with Windows10 come with Trend Micro Antivirus?: I'm considering a new pc with Windows10, which includes 'free for 3 yrs.' Trend Micro Antivirus. Why would I need it if Windows10 already comes with it's own? I feel like it's not really "free". Then if Windows removes theirs automatically, what happens in 3 yrs?...