Windows 10: Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader

Discus and support Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has there been any update or new info with respect to Windows 10 recognizing a KOBO ereader.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alandmoe123, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader

Has there been any update or new info with respect to Windows 10 recognizing a KOBO ereader.

:)

Alandmoe123, Dec 15, 2018
  2. ritamccoy Win User

Kobo ereader

My Kobo ereader is not longer recognized by Windows 10

ritamccoy, Dec 15, 2018
  3. windows 10 does not recognize my Kobo ereader

I am extremely frustrated with both Microsoft and Kobo at this point in time. Kobo has told me to update my Microsoft 10, which I have done, but my Kobo is still not recognized by my computer. Kobo then tells me to contact Microsoft, Microsoft says to
    contact Kobo. The end result is that my ereader is still not recognized by my computer and I am extremely frustrated by the lack of appropriate customer service from both Kobo and Microsoft. Neither is willing nor able to resolve issues. If anyone has a
    solution, I would like to hear it, but right now, I will be looking into alternatives to both my operating system and my ereader.

Anne-MarieBarrett, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Parallaxe Win User

Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader

windows 10 does not recognize my Kobo ereader

Same here. Windows 10 does not recognize my Kobo Aura One.

But on my other PC with Windows 7 the Kobo Aura One is recognized properly.

Some information on the Win 10 rig that causes the trouble:

• Surface Book, 16GB
    • Win10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1607
    • Kobo Aura One, Software version 4.2.8110
    • Kobo Desktop 4.2.6122

Here's what I have tried so far:

• Factory reset of the Kobo device
    • Tried various different USB cables in various ports
    • Installed the Kobo desktop app
    • Searched for the most recent updates/patch for the Kobo device and installed them
    • Searched for the most recent updates/patch/drivers for my Win10 rig and installed them
    • I have tried the steps suggested by Mario Tum (Dec 26)
    • Asked Kobo customer support for help (they asked me to try some default stuff like re-plugging in the USB cable, but no real help so far; they told me they have passed the issue to 'someone else' within Kobo - whatever that means)

Nothing resolved the issue. Since my Win7 rig recognizes my Kobo Aura One without any problems, I guess the problem lies with Win10.

Parallaxe, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader

1. Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO ereader - Similar Threads - Windows10doesnt recognize KOBO

2. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  3. Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Kobo Ereader: I had no problems in windows 10 proWindows 11 pro does not recognize any Ereader!Somebody an solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-kobo-ereader/9afb4c31-9942-4de4-8f81-d3b6cc23c017
  4. Kobo eReader Not Working Window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kobo eReader Not Working Window 10: a month ago I downloaded to my Kobo ereader as it was recognized in file manage. Now I plug in the Kobo and it indicates that it is connected but it is not recognized in the file manager as connection. I have Window 10 version 1909 Any suggestions Marvin...
  5. Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generation 10 Kindle ereader not recognized: Hello, I'm attempting to copy ebooks from my desktop to my new generation 10 kindle; however, I am unable to get Win 10 to recognize the reader when connected with a USB cable. Suggestions on how I can overcome this problem?...
  6. Kobo eReader cannot be detected by Windows 10

Kobo eReader cannot be detected by Windows 10: Hi, yesterday i bought a Kobo Aura H2O eReader. On installation I got the Windows 10 message that the device could not be found. Any suggestions? Has there been an Windows 10 update recently? Thank you....
  7. Kobo eReader cannot be detected by Windows 10

Kobo eReader cannot be detected by Windows 10: Hi, yesterday i bought a Kobo Aura H2O eReader. On installation I got the Windows 10 message that the device could not be found. Any suggestions? Has there been an Windows 10 update recently? Thank you....
  8. Resolved: Kobo reader not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolved: Kobo reader not recognized: Hello My PC won't recognized my eReader Kobo plugged with the USB port. It use to work. Any idea? Martin 82796
  9. After the big Update Kobo Ereader doesn't work properly

After the big Update Kobo Ereader doesn't work properly: Yes after the big update, my Kobo E-reader can't synchronize anymore with Kobo Desktop, and the OS asking of format the hd Kobo, I already have contact Kobo and still wait for some responses , but if someone have have a idea how fix a problem thanks 58821
  10. Kobo not recognized by Windows 10

Kobo not recognized by Windows 10: When I plug my Kobo Aura H2O on my computer, absolutely nothing happens. I changed the cable, I changed the usb port, I restarted my computer, I reinitialized my e reader, nothing works. Is there a Genius reading this who can help me? I promise a wine bottle when you come in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not recognizing kobo

2. kobo reader for windows 10

3. connect kobo ereader windows 10

4. usb drive not recognizing kobo touch,
  5. kobo ereader not,
  6. windows 10 does not recognize kobo ereader,
  7. lenovo yoga does not recognize kobo aura one