Windows 10: Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username

Discus and support Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After updating my system from Windows10 to Windows11 I am unable to login via remote desktop into another computer where the login contains a non ascii... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michał Legierski, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username

After updating my system from Windows10 to Windows11 I am unable to login via remote desktop into another computer where the login contains a non ascii character. It always displays that provided credentials do not work despite providing the correct ones. That another computer has 2 accounts on it, where one of those contains non ascii character and the other one does not. I am only not able to login on the one with non ascii character. The other one works seamlessly.Couple years ago on that other computer I changes the username to not contain non ascii character, but unfortunately Windows lie

:)

Michał Legierski, Jul 9, 2024
  2. Nao_233 Win User

Windows11 Remote Desktop Connection

Hello, I am honored to receive your consultation, I will try to help you solve this problem!

Why is there a problem with your credentials not working?

Verify that the credentials are correct, and then check that the username is the same as the system name you changed.

If your credentials and user name are correct, but your computer still says "Your credentials are not working," the problem is caused by Windows security settings.

Repair scheme:

Scenario 1: Edit Local Security Policy

As mentioned above, this error may occur after reinstalling the operating system, possibly because Windows security policy prevents non-administrator users from logging in. Therefore, if you want to allow non-administrator users to use Remote Desktop Connection, you need to modify this policy.

Step 1. Press Win+R and enter secpol.msc, then press Enter to open the local security policy.

Step 2. In Local Security Policy, expand Local Policies, and then double-click the User Rights Assignment option.

Step 3. Locate Allow logon through Remote Desktop Services in the User Rights Detail Policy list, select it, and double-click.

Step 4. Click Add User or Group in the pop-up window.

Step 5. Enter the Remote Desktop user name and click OK.

Scenario 2: Edit Local Group Policy

If you edit the local security policy and still get "Your credentials don't work Please enter new credentials" when you try Remote Desktop Connection again, you can try to fix the problem by modifying some local group policies.

Step 1. Press Win+R to enter gpedit.msc and press Enter to open the Group Policy Editor.

Step 2. "In the Local Group Policy Editor snap-in window, navigate to this: " Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> Security Options.

Step 3. Double-click and open the Security Options detail, then locate Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level and double-click to open it.

Step 4. Click the drop-down menu in the Attribute Details window to select the three options, Send NTLMv2 Response Only, Send NTLMv2 Response Only. Reject LM "and" Send NTLMv2 response only. Reject LM and NTLM (&).

If the above steps still do not resolve the "Your credentials are not working" issue, you can also find "Network access: Sharing and Security Model for Local Accounts "and double-click to open it, then set it to" Classic-Authenticate local users without changing their identity "and click OK.

Scenario 3: Change the network configuration file

The "Your credentials don't work" issue also occurs in Remote Desktop Connection when the network profile is set to public, because when it is set to public, it means that your computer is protected when used in a public hotspot and no incoming connections are allowed, so we need to change it to a private profile.

Step 1. Press Win + I to open Windows Settings, click Network and Internet> Status, and then click the Properties button.

Step 2. Change it to Private under Network Profile.

Ihope the above suggestions can help you

[The following is not a reply]

I am not a Microsoft employee or customer service worker and the response time will be within 24 hours.

Even if you don't agree with me, please be open and inclusive in the discussion and focus on reaching consensus

If the reply was helpful, please mark it by clicking on the comment so you can share it with other community members who have the same question!

Nao_233, Jul 9, 2024
  3. How to display the 256 ASCII chars in an Edit Control ??

I need to be able to open a *.exe , in an edit control , with all 256 ASCII chars being displayed..

Anyone got code to do that???

albert_redditt, Jul 9, 2024
  4. Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username

How to display the 256 ASCII chars in an Edit Control ??

charmap.exe

Frederik Long, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username

1. Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username - Similar Threads - Windows11 remote desktop

2. sample for username and password for remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sample for username and password for remote desktop: I can't use username and password for remote desktop, please give me sample for that, username is Gmail and password can't be used, does password need special letter, number or capital letter? please explain...
  3. sample for username and password for remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sample for username and password for remote desktop: I can't use username and password for remote desktop, please give me sample for that, username is Gmail and password can't be used, does password need special letter, number or capital letter? please explain...
  4. Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 remote desktop does not work with non ascii chars in username: After updating my system from Windows10 to Windows11 I am unable to login via remote desktop into another computer where the login contains a non ascii character. It always displays that provided credentials do not work despite providing the correct ones. That another...
  5. Remote desktop does not work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop does not work in windows 11: Hi. I cannot connect to my windows machine running 11RDC is enabledFrom pc on same network when attempting to connect, it sees it right enough, but it will not accept my credentials. the account is a microsoft one. I am entering the correct info, this is not the issue.I have...
  6. Windows11 Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 Remote Desktop Connection: I am trying to use Remote Desktop Connection and it isn't letting me connect. And I had the correct password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-remote-desktop-connection/98c07a49-29d2-451c-99c0-a98ad18ab84a
  7. Windows11 Remote Desktop Connection

Windows11 Remote Desktop Connection: I am trying to use Remote Desktop Connection and it isn't letting me connect. And I had the correct password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-remote-desktop-connection/98c07a49-29d2-451c-99c0-a98ad18ab84a
  8. Change username Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username Windows11: Unfortunately, Microsoft chooses an uwanted username for Windows explorer. I want to choose the right username! How can I change it in the right username? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-username-windows11/c2a1cf6a-27b7-4ef9-8c9b-4edd1df92867
  9. Change username Windows11

Change username Windows11: Unfortunately, Microsoft chooses an uwanted username for Windows explorer. I want to choose the right username! How can I change it in the right username? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-username-windows11/c2a1cf6a-27b7-4ef9-8c9b-4edd1df92867
  10. Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password: Just started out of the blue this morning. I can remote desktop to the same machine with any other PC an use the very same usernames and passwords. But on the Windows 10 machine it rejects them all. I was looking for a way to clear all history and login files but can only...