Windows 10: Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working

Discus and support Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just get my new windows11 on a new laptop. But it seems the win+space hotkey is not working. And I can't switch from alt+shift to that hotkey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ploy_Kickshaw, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working

Hi, I just get my new windows11 on a new laptop. But it seems the win+space hotkey is not working. And I can't switch from alt+shift to that hotkey combination. The options are very limited.Also the shortcut for screenshot in windows 10 shift+win+s is also not working.Please help me , thanks.

:)

Ploy_Kickshaw, Jul 22, 2022
  2. DinEzra Win User

Swap between languages hotkeys

Hello.

I'm using windows 10. There are 2 different hotkeys I know for changing the typing language:

1. Alt+Shift: For changing the language to the next one.

2. Ctrl+Win+Space: For switching between the top 2 languages. (Only them)

I speak 4 languages - English, Hebrew, Spanish, Arabic - and I want to swap the definition between the above hotkeys.

I want the "alt+shift" to switch only between the 2 languages, and the "ctrl+win+space" to switch between all of the installed languages in my system.

I searched the web and couldn't find any way to do that. Is there any solution for this without the need of installing a third-party software.

Thanks in advance,

Din

DinEzra, Jul 22, 2022
  3. WIn + space stopped working for me...

While CTRL + win + Space or Shift + win + space do work. What is funny is that when i press win + space it works like I only pressed space.

Win button is working for sure, checked it

Languages list is showing when ctrl or shiift is additionally pressed

Any suggestions?

ИванРоманчук, Jul 22, 2022
  4. Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working

Win10 Language switches hotkey is not working!

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would like to know that, is this issue specific only when you are using that app?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type language in the search bar and click on the Language.
    • Select the language of your choice under Change your language preferences.
    • Click on Move up from the menu.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working

1. Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working - Similar Threads - Windows11 switch language

2. Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 switch language hotkeys win+space not working: Hi, I just get my new windows11 on a new laptop. But it seems the win+space hotkey is not working. And I can't switch from alt+shift to that hotkey combination. The options are very limited.Also the shortcut for screenshot in windows 10 shift+win+s is also not working.Please...
  3. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  4. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  5. Language in Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language in Windows11: In Settings Language & Region I see:The Taskbar settings show this when I press <kbd>Win+space</kbd>Where does French and Dutch come from? Can I remove these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-windows11/4cd8b852-57d9-4795-84e7-d5c4c053349e
  6. Language in Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language in Windows11: In Settings Language & Region I see:The Taskbar settings show this when I press <kbd>Win+space</kbd>Where does French and Dutch come from? Can I remove these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-windows11/4cd8b852-57d9-4795-84e7-d5c4c053349e
  7. How can I disable the WIN-Space shortcut for switching languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the WIN-Space shortcut for switching languages?: I frequently hit the WIN-Space key combo by mistake. How can I disable this key combo which switches from the ENG DVORAK to the ENG US keyboard setup? Thanks, Russ P....
  8. How do I change language switch hotkey?

How do I change language switch hotkey?: After one of the recent updates I noticed I can't do it. I'm on Windows 10 1803 and there's no "language bar" or "change input method" or even "Keyboard (under Clock and Region). I can't see any option to change the switch from Alt-**** to anything else....
  9. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

Change assigned hotkey for switching input language: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that. Thanks in advance, Sarah...
  10. Language Hotkeys Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Hotkeys Don't Work: I have a friend who is bilingual who is trying to get the Korean language working properly on their computer, and asked me for advice. Before I helped them on theirs, I decided to install it on my computer to make sure I knew how language packs work. I installed the language...