Windows 10: Windows7 10 backup failure

Discus and support Windows7 10 backup failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] While attempting to backup to external Seagate 4.5TB USB drive with 4.44TB of free space. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RJAnderson3, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Windows7 10 backup failure

Windows7 10 backup failure 820aac0f-e44f-4002-a4f8-4fe6d25b8c86?upload=true.jpg

While attempting to backup to external Seagate 4.5TB USB drive with 4.44TB of free space.

Windows7 10 backup failure 298a512e-ca7c-4f23-bbcb-a472d704ee8e?upload=true.jpg

:)

RJAnderson3, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Windows7 10 backup failure [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Macirum Backup Failures

After working flawlessly for months, Macrium Reflect is now failing, backing up only one out of the past five days. I have received differing errors; today, both in my schedule backup and with an entire new backup schedule, the failure is "Write Operation Failed - Access is denied."
    I just created a new folder in the folder on my external hard drive E that is used by Macrium, so at least not all access is denied, although I have no idea what creating that folder actually proved.

I have removed and reinstalled Macrium; I have rebooted each day that the backup failed, which worked each time, only to have it fail the next day, except for yesterday, which was the day after the reinstall of Macrium.

I deleted the folder previously used by Macrium and created a new one, the one where today's backups have failed. A search for the error message in the Macrium database did not help. The log files for today's failures don't either; they end with lists of shadow copies created (whatever that means,) and do not have any error information.

I think that is a recounting of the steps I have taken to try to fix the problem(s.) Assistance is rather obviously solicited.

Not Myself, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Windows7 10 backup failure

Windows 10 backup setup failure

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following questions.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message?

Follow these methods.

Method 1: Verify the
    Volume Shadow Copy and Windows backup service is started. If it is not started, start the service and check. Follow these steps:

• Press "Windows" + "R", type “services.msc” and press
      enter.
    • Scroll down and check for the above mentioned services (Volume Shadow Copy and Windows backup).
    • Double click each of the services and start them if they are not started. Click
      ok.

Method 2: Perform a
    Clean Boot to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 7 from the link to return the computer to
    Normal startup mode

Method 3: Run
    check disk to check for any errors.

Note: If any bad sectors are found in the hard drive then it might try to repair that particular sector. If you have any data on that, it might be lost.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows7 10 backup failure

1. Windows7 10 backup failure - Similar Threads - Windows7 backup failure

2. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 Backup fails to back up: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a 1TB SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  3. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 Backup fails to back up: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a 1TB SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  4. Windows7 Backup fails to back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 backup failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 backup failure: I have been trying for 2 days via online help and over an hour on chat to fix a backup error. 0x807800A1. Nothing they have provided works and the erro persists. Any help?...
  6. Win 10 Backup failure

Win 10 Backup failure: Win 10 Using Win 7 backup option to external USB HD Full Backup: and System Image. Fails with following message; There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. Details: The semaphore timeout period has expired. Backup Time...
  7. Backup and Restore Windows7

Backup and Restore Windows7: I tried to use the Windows Back up and Restore Windows 7 but I can't back up all, I just want to check how I can I have success to use the Backup and Restore Windows7 ?...
  8. Backup error code: 0x8100002F windows7 Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup error code: 0x8100002F windows7 Backup: Error code : 0x8100002F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-error-code-0x8100002f-windows7-backup/b340cd6b-6a86-4a6c-b9d2-24f738c32be2"
  9. Backup Failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Failure: I'm Nnot my problem will have a solution. Stupidity reigns. Win10 1803.. I backed up a few different ways to my ext drive. I have have backups with xml files and one with zip files. Don't ask me how. I tried restoring and ended up with all the necessary thunderbird files...
  10. Backup and Restore (Windows7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore (Windows7): I have used Backup and Restore (Windows 7) since Win 7. It is still in Control Panel but it doesn't work. It worked up until I installed 10240. If I access settings, backup it is listed as an alternative to file history but it still basically doesn't go anywhere. Is this a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 backup crashes when using windows 7 backup