Windows 10: WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights

Discus and support WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran the powershell command Get -AppXPackage and saw a ton of programs that I am not familiar with and my computer has been activating slow bigtime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelRuth1, May 14, 2020.

1. WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights

I ran the powershell command Get -AppXPackage and saw a ton of programs that I am not familiar with and my computer has been activating slow bigtime and denying me access to websites that I know exist. I have no admin rights on my own computer HELP I have AVG Antivirus and Malware - and tried downloading and installing Reimage but as that Reimage program runs it does not finish and locks up and restarts in a continuous loop - I have taken my computer in for an entire reinstallation of the Windows 10 OS and this did not do anything. I am out of options - HELP I have a Spectre HP x360

:)

MichaelRuth1, May 14, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, May 14, 2020
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights :D

PVTCaboose1337, May 14, 2020
  4. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, May 14, 2020
Thema:

WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights

1. WindowsApp folder hidden and no admin rights - Similar Threads - WindowsApp folder hidden

2. I'm the Admin & I'm Blocked from WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm the Admin & I'm Blocked from WindowsApps folder: I am the original installer of Windows 10 Pro on this custom built PC using a validly purchased Windows 10 key from Microcenter back in 2021. I only log into this PC using a single account. However, I cannot access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.The error message I get is "You...
  3. I'm the Admin & I'm Blocked from WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm the Admin & I'm Blocked from WindowsApps folder: I am the original installer of Windows 10 Pro on this custom built PC using a validly purchased Windows 10 key from Microcenter back in 2021. I only log into this PC using a single account. However, I cannot access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.The error message I get is "You...
  4. I'm the Admin & I'm Blocked from WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WindowsApp Folder

WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  6. What is WindowsApps hidden folder and why can’t I access it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is WindowsApps hidden folder and why can’t I access it?: [ATTACH]There are a lot of folders in Windows which are hidden on purpose. They store important files that should not be modified by a user […] This article What is WindowsApps hidden folder and why can’t I access it? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Can't delete folder - don't have rights - Windowsapps

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - don't have rights - Windowsapps: VErsion 1909 Build 18363.778 please see video. I have these leftover folders from after uninstalling games through Windows apps, like Forza 4 - the Sunrise folder thing is 74gb! And i can't delete it, says i don't have permission. What do i need to do?...
  8. Hidden Admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hidden Admin: I have been trying to install a non-Microsoft program on my new laptop with windows 10 pro. The program has a certified Microsoft certification and is provided by a large brokerage firm. To do the install it, I realize it requires to be able to work in the hidden admin...
  9. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  10. Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder: I have installed one app in Windows 10 through Win store, and I want to move one file to that app folder, but every time it is asking me, u need to perform this action - try again or cancel. I have permission to all the groups to move that file, check screenshot below...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapp folder no rights